organizing hundreds, thousands of images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• organizing hundreds, thousands of images

In getting organized, preparing to handle what will be thousands of images.. question..
    With images placed into "catagory" folders on my BV builder software such that I can readily find them.

What happens IF I have the identical image and image name in two or more but, separate "catgagory" folders?

Will this pose a problem in the preformance of the site?

tks..
    Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
    www.treetables.com

Re: organizing hundreds, thousands of images

Mike..

No, as you will be POINTING to the individual photo in a different place, actually CALLING that particular photo. Since you havent linked to the photo in the other folder, it shouldnt conflict. Even if you managed to put the same photo in the same folder, one would overwrite the other as you uploaded and you would get a screen asking you if you wanted to over write it. If no.. it would rename it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks AGAIN... Karen :)
      Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
      www.treetables.com

Comment

Youre welcome Mike.. why isnt your messenger on?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, if you are using thousands of images? i would look at linking to your images via a short bit of code. You will then be able to keep your images in separate image folders & categorize them in the cpanel. This will also save cluttering up each directory with images. You will also be able to publish pages 10 times quicker. You would also have the bonus of not having to worry if you ever want to use another computer & have to redo all the images again. Only an idea.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I too agree with the organization of the images on the server as well as my own computer in this case, since you are offering hundreds and thousands of images, for a few reasons, just to be sure you didn't accidentally overwrite and for quick locating time .. you might categorize your images and make your folders this way, or you may have another idea for a filing system, don't complicate it too much though with unnecessary long file names or excessive folders. I always think it's just as easy to insert my picture rather than linking and publishing to the correct directory if I do not intend on republishing that page all of the time, which shouldn't be overloaded anyway to any extent that might cause publishing delays regardless. Be sure to properly size and optimize your images as well before you insert or link on your page. Will you be using photo albums, slide shows, galleries, you could mix it up. Can't wait to see ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
            X