Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! With publishing

Hello all,

I'm new here and desperate and frustrated lol. I'm trying to publish my website for the first time. I published it on bluevoda but I'm not sure where to go from there. The files are all in my cpanel (at least I think they're all there) but when I go to my webpage, there's nothing there.

I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to this so if someone can have pity on me and help me, you'd save me from throwing something against my wall.

If it helps, my website is armoniaschoolofmusic.com

Re: Help!! With publishing

Hello

I've just looked at www.armoniaschoolofmusic.com and I can see your home page (index), so that works, however your links arn't working yet?

regards

Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,

I actually figured out what I was doing wrong with the home page. But now, I'm working on getting the links all to work and every time I go to my page, a random link doesn't work. It's not always the same link. What's going on with that?

Comment

I can see what has happened.

You need to through each page and check each link, has been named correctly

for eg

On your Home page, the about us link is http://www.armoniaschoolofmusic.com/about_us.html and it works, however on the Benefits page the about us link is http://www.armoniaschoolofmusic.com/about.html and consequently doesn't work

Can you spot the difference?? Check all the links, on all the pages and it will work.

Regards

Darren

Comment

All except your Contact link are working. Looks like you figured it out. You have done a great job so far.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Thanks!

I've got it figured out except that my about us and contact pages aren't working. I've tried resaving them, republishing them, resetting the menu bar link and republishing the homepage again, and they still won't work.

It's either the about us or the contact page...not both at the same time. When the about us page works, the contact page doesn't and vice versa. I'm so frustrated with it because I've been sitting here for 3 hours trying to figure it out.

Thanks for your help guys. I'm sure it's a simple mistake I'm doing but I can't figure out what that is.

Comment

Hello I know you are going to kick your self - HA Ha

I am viewing your 'Benefits' page. When I hover my mouse over your about us button, you have set the url to be http://www.armoniaschoolofmusic.com/about.html now this should be set to http://www.armoniaschoolofmusic.com/about_us.html

in BV you have saved the page as about_us

Now you have the same issue with your contact us button because in BV you have saved that page as contact_us so the link should be http://www.armoniaschoolofmusic.com/contact_us.html You are missing the _us bits on your linking.

Does this help

Regards

Darren

Comment

Okay,
                All your links are working perfectly on your index page. This is what you do:
                Delete the menubar from all pages except from the index page.
                Now copy the menubar on the index page.
                Then paste in back to all the other pages using the PASTE icon in the toobar. It will paste it in excactly the same position as on the indexage. Do not use any other paste option or shortcut.
                Save all pages.
                Republish all pages.

(This way you do not have to redo all links on all pages and running the risk of making more mistakes)

You will be okay.
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

Yes -- Good idea Tom

Comment

Yay! That was it...you guys are amazing (or I'm just completely illiterate :) ). Thanks so much for your help

Comment

hi im new here and im planning to create a website to our catering business, the problem is i dont know how can i get a domain name

Comment

Originally posted by jonalyn16 View Post
                        hi im new here and im planning to create a website to our catering business, the problem is i dont know how can i get a domain name
                        check link below

VodaHost offers the best cpanel hosting on super fast servers with unlimited Bandwidth. #1 rated web hosting for all your cpanel hosting needs.

Comment

Originally posted by jonalyn16 View Post
                          I answered your question where you posted this question in the Chat Room Forum. Click here.

Comment

Lol !
                            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                            X