Email does not contain info submitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email does not contain info submitted

I made a form and everything seems to be working. I receive an email saying "Values submitted from web site form", but that is it. No information!!! Help!

Re: Email does not contain info submitted

Post a link to your form

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

my form is at

Comment

Double check the page, the link you gave doesn't work

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

sorry! my form is at
          www.abcgiftboutique.ca/orderform.htm

Comment

I noticed you have a message on your form saying 'currently not working' I don't think this is true.

I get this sometimes on my forms. All that is happening is when someone lands on your action.php page WITHOUT going through your contact form page first, it sends out a message to send you an email, hence you receive nothing on it. If I remember correctly this could be even the SE's robot's hitting this page. I think George (Naval) will come along soon and tell you the exact problem, but I am certain that no one is sending you an email through your form and you are not receiving it, so I would remove your 'not working' sign.

Not sure if there is a fix for this, but if there is I will keep an eye on this thread as I get these all the time.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

So much "discussion"! LOL

Please post the "action" script for your email form so we can have a look at it.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I filled out the form myself to test it and that is when I received the email without any of the info that I put in it.

Comment

<?PHP $mailto = "abcgiftboutique********.com"; $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email']; if ($email == "") { $email = $mailto; } $mailsubj = "ORDER"; $mailhead = "From: $email\n"; reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS); $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n"; while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS)) { if ($key!="submit") { $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n"; } } mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead); ?>

Comment

Originally posted by carlap View Post
                    I filled out the form myself to test it and that is when I received the email without any of the info that I put in it.
                    I have just emailed you through your form, tell me if you receive it.
                    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Your email "element" fields are improperly labelled: review the instructions in particular here, and here once again.

Possible problems:
                      1. There is no FORM formatting "grid" under your "fields"
                      2. You have not filled out the Name, Email, etc. attribute boxes in Properties of each properly. (especially the email box)
                      3. Your FORM formatting "grid" is not fully under the fields ........

Do the due diligence of double-checking your work and trouble-shooting by reviewing the instructions carefully.

Comment

Or, to better clarify some of the things Vasili is saying, you have used BlueVoda to create the form, then you have copy / pasted it somewhere in order to be able to publish on a non VH account. Pasting it there has changed some of it's attributes.

There is no problem helping non VH customers, BUT there IS a problem when you use BV to create a site for a non VH account.

If i am wrong, please let me know. I apologise in advance.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Blue Voda Is Exclusive To VodaHost !

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                          There is no problem helping non VH customers, BUT there IS a problem when you use BV to create a site for a non VH account..

Comment

Working...
                          X