PDA

View Full Version : updating from bv to scho

williamswoodworks
03-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Good day all,

I am currently using bv as my store front but with my products growing i am thinking about switching over to scho as my store front.

Couple questions, I know I will have to rebuild my website in scho does this mean my store right now will have to offline while I am recreating the new pages in scho. I am wondering this because I still want to get orders while i am building the new website.

Another reason for switching is because of the shoping cart function. I still want to use paypal as my bank basically. Is this still possible with scho?

Also i do a lot of custom work where customers would submit photos through an online form that I created in bv and used navals form pro to help with the auto reponders. Is this possible with scho?

Thanks for the help.
Jesse

Karen Mac
03-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Jesse,

Yes you can use paypal on soho, but soho is a live builder. You have to build online and have use of a domain. And yes for the most part you will have to rebuild.

Karen

williamswoodworks
03-23-2008, 04:45 PM
So is there anyway to build another store while i leave the one i am currently using?

I understand that it is live so it would be online as i go. I currently have a few other pages in bv that i have yet to publish because i wasn't sure if there was another way to build but not be live.

Jesse

Karen Mac
03-23-2008, 04:51 PM
You can make a second domain for soho, or put soho in a subdomian built off your first one, and then link from bv or redirect it to the sub when you are done.

Karen

williamswoodworks
03-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Karen thanks so much for the info.

I'm sorry to ask this but could you guide me the steps i will need to take to create this sub domain.

Also so I am hearing you right, the subdomain will be live but people will not actually beable to access this page until i make it the main page correct.

I also wondered if i will be able to have the upload function in soho?

Thanks again for you help.
Jesse

williamswoodworks
03-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Karen one last thing, what type of online cart are you using? I am trying to get that style of website for my store.

Jesse