Question Concerning Video To Homepage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Concerning Video To Homepage

I am experimenting with adding a short 10 second video clip (looping it) using the Quicktime player tool.
    When previewing it, an information bar drops down blocking the motion of Active X material. Unless clicking on the information bar to allow the video to play, the video does not appear-- thus losing a lot of my visual effect on the page.
    This bar is not really obvious and I figure many people, when viewing my page, will not notice it and not get the benefit of the video.

Is there some method of adding this clip so it will play automatically when opening my homepage on everybody's computer?

Thank you

Paul

Re: Question Concerning Video To Homepage

No, if a user's browser is set to block active x you can't have it bypass that and automatically load (thats the entire point to being able to block it).

One thing you could do is convert the video to something like flash which will load in their flash player which doesn't use any active x controls.

You want to avoid using active x as much as possible, for one there are many security issues related with it, but also it doesn't work are most browsers (only works on IE).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
    X