Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My (3) Forms Need Help!

client 19748

I want to desingn (3) forms and (3) corresponding "action" thank you pages. Let us say that they are the following:

1 contact.bvp / action.php
    2. order.bvp / thankyou.php
    3. stories.bvp / thanks.php

After reading many forum threads I am still having difficulty understanding what to name contact forms and page properties. I have test-published the above contact.bvp and action.php and have gotten the action page to display properly, but when I check webmail in c-panel I do not see the email address that was submitted on the form. Instead I get the first word of the message and the @symbol...for example Greetings@

I need to know what you would title and name the above files...including the action.php files prior to publishing.

Is it necessary to name the submit button using lower case lettering and setting the properties value to "mailto"?

Last question...can there be more than one submit button on an order form created in Bluevoda...still using only one corresponding "action" thank you page? I want to create a form having (4) ordering choices...using check boxes, the user would select a box, then select the corresponding submit button (so I receive a copy of the order), and then select the corresponding Paypal payment button (having the total cost)...set up as a simple 3-step ordering process.

Grateful for you advice and help...I could really use it!
    Last edited by KP2008; 03-26-2008, 01:56 PM. Reason: grammer

Re: My (3) Forms Need Help!

Originally posted by KP2008 View Post
    client 19748

I want to desingn (3) forms and (3) corresponding "action" thank you pages. Let us say that they are the following:

1 contact.bvp / action.php
    2. order.bvp / thankyou.php
    3. stories.bvp / thanks.php
    a. Form name: Not important. You can name each for as you like, i.e. Contact Form, Order Form etc
    b. The form "action" MUST be excactly the name of your thankyou page (if you are using the way described in the Forms Tutorial 1). So, if the thankyou (action) page for the contact form is "action.php", in the FORM action field, type: action.php. You can use ANY name, as long as what you type in there is the same as the name of the thankyou (action) page.
    c. The method MUST be POST and not mailto.
    d. The "thankyou "page properties: since you are pasting php code in the thankyou (action) page, you MUST set in its properties (Page Properties) the page extension to be php when published.
    e. Do NOT set the action to "mailto". If you do, the browser will attempt to send the form info through your own email client (Outlook Express oe whatever else you have installed on your computer). In MOST cases this will fail.
    f. The submit button can also have another name, BUT in that case you will also recieve, in the email, an "unwanted" value that will be the same as the text (value) you have given to your submit button. Please note that the NAME must be "submit" but the value (what appears on the button) can be anything you like.

Last question...can there be more than one submit button on an order form created in Bluevoda...still using only one corresponding "action" thank you page? I want to create a form having (4) ordering choices...using check boxes, the user would select a box, then select the corresponding submit button (so I receive a copy of the order), and then select the corresponding Paypal payment button (having the total cost)...set up as a simple 3-step ordering process.

Grateful for you advice and help...I could really use it!
    No, even if you put more than one submit buttons, the action is always the same. What you ask for can be done using a multistadium form: the first one submits, the second one recieves the info, sends you the email, but also uses the info recieved for a further submission (to PayPal this time).

Very simple to create if you have some php experience. There are also other more complicated solutions that use the CURL library to achieve an automatic further post to PayPal.

However, for the cost calculation, you will either need some Javascript, or the calculation must be done using php in the intermediate page.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks naval...but I have no php experience with regards to multistadium form. This set up seems to be exactly what I need. How do I go about implementing this solution...can you provide me with the code?

Is there an easier way to set up an order form selling a single product, but having to process 4 different types of sales (based on different shipping charges and sales tax charges)?

I really want to stick with using Bluevoda...help!

Comment

For a taste of a multipage (not multistadium) form, which has many similarities to what you want (submission from page to page) please look at http://navaldesign.info/Tips/mpftut1.php

I am not sure what you mean " but having to process 4 different types of sales (based on different shipping charges and sales tax charges)? "
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X