Abvfp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abvfp

We have downloaded from DB texhnosystems the istalation instructions for ABVFP. When we get to step 8, and type address in browser address box the dbts_install.php file gives us the following error.

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@sitesunion.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.sitesunion.com Port 80
    And if we run the dbts_install.php file from the ABVFP directory we get the istallation screen which asks for all the usernames and passwords etc. But when we click on the install now,
    we get a file download box which asks us to open oR save., either choice takes us in to Dreamweavrer. we have spent the day, but after 6 hours of trial and ending up in the same place we seem to need some assistance.
    Thank you.

Re: Abvfp

The internal server error is due to wrong permissions.
    Make sure that the entire ABVFP folder permissions are set to 755, then that all files inside it are set to 644.
    After that follow the instructions contained in the zip.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for the info.
      The result was a different error message, Viz:-
      Could not connect to database server. Please check user details.
      We have tried all relevant passwords, and new ones. When we go Back as per the fault message pull down menu, the password and password verification panels are empty.
      This I take to be a password fault... which password is it looking for please?
      Thank you

Comment

Did you ADD he user to he ABVFP Database ? If you did not add the user, it is as if the user doesn't exist. Make sute the user has ALL permissions
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

We have done all and are totally stymied.
          We have recreated and done all we know.
          If need be please supply an email address so we may send a screen shot of the installation form.
          In desparation I have gone to a programmer with whom I am sitting she is alsoalso lost. If you need to get technical that is fine, she will understand.
          We shall under separate cover send a print screen of the installation.
          We are lost. no matter what we do it brings up the same error.
          We have spent 2 days trying to sort out the problem, the step by step method in the tutorial does not work for some reason. The major problem seems to me that the password is incorrect. If so which one do we use?

Comment

Use my contact form to send me your account login details. I will install it in 3 minutes.

Please also send me your DB username / password as well as the desired username / password for ABVFP and IP address.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you, but I would love to know where we have gone wrong. I do not like not knowing my own site and ISP. By the way, your service is brilliant.
              Where do I find your contact form?

Comment

I can't know what (if something) is wrong, without entering your account.
                My contactform link is in my above post
                Navaldesign

Comment

Your details for the database were wrong. Control Panel adds your own control panel username before the DB name and DB username.
                  ABVFP is now installed. You should have also recieved the automated email with the installation details.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X