Here's my site! Take a look...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's my site! Take a look...

Here's my new website. Let me know what you think...

Re: Here's my site! Take a look...

Hi, you’re off to a good start & pages load nice & fast. Couple of things that may want an adjustment.
    Main menu at different levels/positions on each page. Would be nice in the same place.
    Would be nice for a home button on each page. (felt a bit lost)
    aboutme.html & contactus.html need centering.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Job well done. the only thing is probaly how you name your pages for search engines to pick up on. that is only my opinion. other than that well done
      sigpicJoe
      Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
      The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Hi Julie,

Nice job.
        When clicking from 'special needs' 'topics covered' opens in a new window. Although navigation works from this page it does so within this level so you might want to fix that.

You can do a lot more with titles, you have imo far too many keywords and they are the same on most pages. Better to target than use the shotgun approach. Your descriptions are better but still could see some improvement.

Find any of Beth's posts and click on SEO - The Basics in her signature to get a better knowledge of how to optimize for ses.

Good luck!
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Julie,

Definitely getting better. I noticed you have a few issues we talked about sorted. There is a way to go yet to improve on what you have as mentioned above:

Once you have read Beth's SEO tips you then need to start looking at:

Page Titles
          Keywords
          Page descriptions

I think the site could also maybe do with a banner of some kind, might be just me but it just appears to be lacking something at the top of each page.

You don't need to spend loads of money on having a banner made, with a bit of cleverness you can create something sufficient and appealing with the BV tool you have.

But as I said already... you're definitely getting there with it.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm going to have a look at Beth's info on keywords! I appreciate all of the input!

Comment

Hi Julie
              I like your site, simple, straight forward and I think it puts across your product wonderfully! Beautiful babies. You did a great job, congratulation.

Comment

I am really stumped on "keywords". I looked at Beth's info, and I made a few changes, but I'm not sure they're good. Any advice?

Comment

Hi, try it in reverse! What would you type in to a search engine to find your site? Or what do you think a stranger might type. When you have this, incorporate these words & phrases into the text of the page as titles to a paragraph & text within the paragraph. Now also place the words that you believe are key to your page in the key words & title area's. Remembering that all pages should be treated as an individual area.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I am gonna go all Simon Cowell on you, but please don't take offense. If I am to be totally honest, you have so many great qualifications, ie your education, your experience, but I honestly don't think that the site presents it well enough. It seems too basic. I think you really need it too look more professional if you are to be taken seriously. Your content is excellent, but I think the overall look is not streamline enough. I don't think it does you credit.

Cheers and good luck M

Comment

I Just Make My Site Not Done Yet But Trying I Get Some Ideas .

I Would love It If You Would Take A Sec To Check It Out

Thanks John

John Baranowski
                      www.bostonaudiodesign.com

Comment

Hey John..

The site looks very good, I really like your choice of color, I think you have chosen well. There are only minor changes needed.
                        1. You have a a lot of spelling errors.. Your Home button reads Hone.. you have also in places, put too many spaces between words..

2 Up in the left hand corner, I could not read audio design, it needs to be made clearer, I had to look at your url to figure out what it says.

3. The moving text, you have too much of it. If you really want moving text, slow it down, and only have 1, it's very distracting for the reader.

4. In your Welcome box space, It should read Boston's Online Audio Design Store

5 We can install it for you, needs to be cleaned up a bit too.. its blurry. Go with crisp clean lettering, People will judge your product, and your ability to deliver, by your site.
                        6 In your advertising section, some of your ads are centered, and others sit left.

I really like your site though.. and I really like your color choice, thats a hard thing to get right as I am sure you are discovering.

Comment

I like it! Nice soft colors. Good info and easy to navigate.
                          www.isrdelaware.com
                          Childhood drowning, a preventable tragedy!
                          www.Stanleyshears.com
                          Quality Salon Shears and Professional Scissor Care Services.

Comment

Site looks good, only this is a suggestion where you have your tex writen in the center of the pages I would place a square shape of color and then lay the tex on top of it instead just laying it on the background i will look a whole lot better. Good luck with it.

Joe

P.S I am referring about the first thread All acbout babys
                            Last edited by jkadin; 04-10-2008, 11:56 AM. Reason: other threads refering to the first thread
                            sigpicJoe
                            Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

"laughter is the best medicine"
                            The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

on the next upgrade maybe some vids could be a nice touch, i like watching..not reading.

otherwise good on ya mate!!

Comment

Working...
                              X