sub domains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sub domains

i have written a new webpage and would like to host it as a sub domain , I've created the subdomain in cpanel , but now am a bit stuck ,

how do i publish the pages with the new address,

thankyou Haytch
    Jaxxed a place for the disturbed ( or maybe just if your bored)

Re: sub domains

Pubish as follows >>> public_html/new_folder_name

The below tutorial is for add-on domains, but the same principle applies.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thankyou ...worked perfectly

haytch
      Jaxxed a place for the disturbed ( or maybe just if your bored)

Comment

fantastic!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'm still confused about how to make a subdomain functional. I've watched the tutorial several times and tried to follow the directions, but I still can't make my subdomain functional so I can upload my new web pages.

Could someone explain in plain english exactly how to do this? The tutorials don't offer enough of an explaination to someone who is very new to cpanel.

Comment

Please be very specific as to where you are having problems, such as:
            1. This is what I have.
            2. This is what I want to do.
            3. This is where I became totally confused.
            Break it down for us as much as possible so we know exactly where the problem lies, and we can make it easy for you to get things in order.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

First, thank you for your time.

1. This is what I have - I have a main account www.buyhouseplansonline.com

2. This is what I want - I want to add a subdomain that will function as a seperate website with content related to my main website. I want it to look something like www.blahblah.buyhouseplansonline.com I have been able to successfully create the subdomain in cpanel.

3. This is where I'm confused - The next step. How do I make the subdomain functional? I tried the advice above going to the add-on domain panel, but could not get the information in properly. I am using a web based site builder and every time I put in the subdomain address, my site builder gives me a 404 error and tells me it's not valid. I know I'm not setting up something properly, but I don't know what that something is.

Comment

Are you publishing your pages to the sub domain's folder? The rules remain the same with sub domains as with full domains - your first page should be saved as index, and all relevant files need to go into the proper directory.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

How do I make certain that the site builder knows where to place the pages?

What should I tell it to do? I'm using Cash Page Builder by the way, if that helps clarify.

Comment

When you publish, the proper path is public_html/sub_domain_folder. Your program probably defaults directly to your public_html folder, so you just need to point it toward the sub domain.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Thanks so much. I'll give that a try and see if it works with my sitebuilder.

Comment

I attempted to try your suggestion, but I don't have the option to point my program at my subdomain rather than at the main public_html file.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

I have three, actually.
                          1. Use Blue Voda as your site builder.
                          2. Can you somehow import files from your site builder onto your pc? If so, it's an easy step to ftp them back onto your Voda Host server.
                          3. If neither of the above are a possibility, this next step is a little tricky, but doable. For any pages you want to publish to your sub domain, save them with names not used by any other page on your site. For instance, the index page you want to put on the subdomain - save it as something like sub1 (the choice for all this is up to you, just make sure you know what you've named all the pages). Let your site builder publish them to your public_html folder as it always does. Log into your Cpanel, go to file manager, click the name of each of these pages and move them manually to your sub domain's folder. Once you've done that, go into your sub domain folder and rename them to what you want them to be named. (Rename "sub1" to index, and so on.) It's a little time consuming, but not terribly so.
                          Someone else may have a better idea, but this is at least workable.
                          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                          X