Need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help please

Thought I was clever and published my site. (I'm a Greenhorn)
    This is what I got in my browser, where did I muck it up please?

Index of /aiim
    Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.sitesunion.com Port 80Thank you

Re: Need help please

Hi, to reach your site at this address www.sitesunion.com you need to publish a page called index only in lower case letters with no html extensions to your public_html directory. This will then be your home page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you, my site was up in a flash. well done.
      But if I go into my www.sitesunion.com, the gibberish as displayed in my original post still comes up. my site comes up on the extension/AIIM
      How do i get rid of this?

Comment

Hi ..

It looks as though you have created a few sub-directories for your website .. this is no doubt what is confusing you ...

If this is to be the main page of your website, http://www.sitesunion.com/aiim/ , the page that you want found when you type in www.sitesunion.com - then you will need to rename, resave and republish this page as index

You need a page called index to be the landing page of your domain ..

From this index page is where you will want to place the navigation to the rest of your site .. or if you have it as a log in page for members only, once they go inside to the page linked from your index page, you will want to supply the navigation to and from all your other pages ..

It is best, as well if you name all of your pages with small letters, this will get confusing in time to come for you, as well as your visitors.

Since you have sub-folders created for "aquarium" and "soccer" .. the pages you create for these will need to be published into that folder ..
        So perhaps once they go through the main page, and sign in, your navigation should include a link to the aquarium area and a link to the soccer area - and a link to any other areas (sub-folders) of information ..
        as it is now I wouldn't know how to get to the soccer area from your aquarium area .. but perhaps you do not want to do this anyway, maybe it is separate areas for members???? not sure

And I thought I noticed pages with .php extension and pages with .html extension .. should use one or the other I think ...

Oh, and I should mention, that if those are the pages to be found by members only .. then you are going to want to put those pages in a password protected directory .. ???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Who ever you are, lady beedy eye, your help was much appreciated, I have worked it out with your help, one of these days I'll be up and running. Got my new form work installed and working too. I love voda and have just said goodbye to my other web hosts. We're coming lock stock and barrel.
          Thank you all

Comment

Originally posted by bucksbunny View Post
            Who ever you are, lady beedy eye, your help was much appreciated, I have worked it out with your help, one of these days I'll be up and running. Got my new form work installed and working too. I love voda and have just said goodbye to my other web hosts. We're coming lock stock and barrel.
            Thank you all

ah, are you sure you are not Elmer Fudd instead of the BunnyWabbit, coming lock stock and barrel, LOL ..

ah, thank you, you will be up and running for sure soon, and there is always the help you need right here .. we are all glad to have you ..
            lock, stock, barrels, fudds and wabbits!!

Congrats to you!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Bucks,
              Long time no hear from you my friend. Waar was jy my omie? Hoop dit gaan goed.
              I'm very glad you are coming right lock, stock, barrels, yachts and open ocean here with us.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,
                Man, Am I glad to hear from you, as though you were sent.
                here is a URL,
                http://www.sitesunion.com/aiim/contactform%5B2%5D.html it take you to a form I have set up,this next URL will take you to my thank you page,
                http://www.sitesunion.com/aiim/thankyou.php

OK, now the problem is two fold:-
                1. When I fill in the form I do not receive an email to my email address,
                2. It does not proceed to the thank you page. At around 2.30 am this morning I concked in and called it the day (night). I can recite the tutorials off by hard, so these do not help... how about it Tom, please one more time.
                Thanx
                Bux

Comment

Hi Bux,
                  Not sure, but on your BV page properties, change the thankyou page extension to html (not php). Then save and re-publish again.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
                    Hi Bux,
                    Not sure, but on your BV page properties, change the thankyou page extension to html (not php). Then save and re-publish again.
                    The thank you page should be .php not .html. You haven't published your thank you page as a .php page and this is your problem.

Your contact form also appears to have gaps in it's name???
                    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                      The thank you page should be .php not .html. You haven't published your thank you page as a .php page and this is your problem.

Your contact form also appears to have gaps in it's name???
                      Ramsey,
                      It seems like his site is designed in html. http://www.sitesunion.com/aiim/index.html

His contactus page is also html, but the thankyou page is php. That is why I want him to try html for his ty page as well.
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

Ramsey,
                        It seems like his site is designed in html. http://www.sitesunion.com/aiim/index.html

His contactus page is also html, but the thankyou page is php. That is why I want him to try html for his ty page as well.
                        Tom, even if the rest of his site is in .html he still MUST publish his thankyou page as .php and then code the page to submit an email as per these instructions
                        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Sorry LOL,
                          I forgot. Long time (about a year) since I created my one.
                          Sorry Bux.
                          Bless you
                          Tom

Comment

Sorry LOL,
                            I forgot. Long time (about a year) since I created my one.
                            Sorry Bux.
                            No worries Tom, just happy to help get this guy sorted, either way he hasn't published a thank you page in .html OR .php so...

Comment

Hi folks, Ramsey, Tom
                              Thanx for the input.
                              It's Saturday morn and still as stymied as ever, not to speak of my frustration at my ignorance.
                              Now, when I try and publsh the page, it wants to publish it to
                              /public_html/aiim (aiim is the index page)
                              Furthermore, when I check it in my computer browser to see if all I have saved is OK to publish I have this whatever it is appearing above my table in which the page resides. The thank you page was designed as a page, not a form, that's right, not so?
                              This is the gremlin that is on the page when I view in the trial browser.
                              img { behavior: url("pngfix.***"); }
                              Thanx again

Comment

Working...
                              X