Add a Forum to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a Forum to site

Is there a way to add a pre-formatted Forum, which I can name, to my web site?

Re: Add a Forum to site

Originally posted by zenwarrior2003 View Post
    Is there a way to add a pre-formatted Forum, which I can name, to my web site?

Hi, well preformatted in so far as the installation and look you choose, you would need to add your topics, etc.

You can add a forum to your website by going to your control panel and choosing the fantastico icon and choosing the php forums from within ...

If you already have a website published on the domain for which you wish to add the forum, then make sure you install the forum in another directory, other than your main directory or you will overwrite your website. So choose forum when it asks for where you want to install and this way, your forum will be found via http://www.yourdomain.com/forum
    (or you can choose another name other than forum)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Where it says " enter the directory" is the page name? I enter http:// my domain/forum but I get an error message that no such Directory exists.
      I get this if I create a page titled Forum, or without creating a page. Am I not understanding what is meant by a " Directory?"
      Thanks
      Last edited by zenwarrior2003; 03-27-2008, 02:14 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi .. okay, you do not need to create any pages .. the installation by fantastico will do all of that for you ..

A directory is just a folder .. public_html directory (folder) is the directory that will contain all the files for your main domain and will also contain any folders (directories) that you have created by adding on domains (those that you purchase and add onto your one voda hosting account)

So when it asks you what directory to install in, this is where you type forum - you do not type your entire domain name - be sure to choose which domain you are installing this on in the drop down menu before you choose the directory ..

If you only have one domain in your account, you need not worry about choosing this domain - it will be done for you ..

so just type forum - when it asks for the directory and the folder should not already be created, it will create this for you ..

And try and get used to doing everything in small letters, it will serve you better in everything you do if you start to do so ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi..i never ask..just follow everything you said....and I got it...thank you very much! for your info on how to install a forum....but just want to ask if...is it possible for me to put an google ads there? and change the theme or style of my forum..like banner ect..? hope to hear from you..thanks in advance...

Comment

Working...
          X