X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with Power Point

Good Morning...

I have been tinkering and unsure if this is the right place for this question, but, here it goes.

I am trying to get a powerpoint presentation on an html page. I am using Blue Voda to do this. I have looked at all the elements to add things and here is my problem. OLE Object only will allow a new Powerpoint, and i just can't do that again. Inline Frame, well that was not a good thing... I want the Power point slide show on the site.

When i published the PPT i use this webaddie www.dc-sdesigns.com/tigersden1.ppt so when this happens since i have powerpoint on my computer, the files pop up then i have to click slideshow to view it...

Does anyone know how i could place this PPT on the site without showing the files and for it to just see the slide show itself?

Hope i did not confuse anyone....

Thanks for reading

Carla DeLaPaz
    Thanks a Bunch
    Carla DeLaPaz
    DCS Designs
    www.dc-sdesigns.com

Re: Need some help with Power Point

You might consider converting the ppt show into a windows media show .. you can do this with windows movie maker on your computer ..

or you can have a look at this thread as well for another idea

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Power Point presentations will not work on websites. The person either has to have Power Point on their computer or one of the power point readers installed on their computer.

There is a work around though. http://camstudio.org/

This little program is a Screen Capture software. So, install CamStudio and then fireup the power point presentation. Start the Cam Studio to capture the screen and then stop it when it is done. IT will , if I remember correctly, save it as a wmv file of which you can upload to your site.

Hope that helps. I have created many video turorials with this and it works well.

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

...................The CamStudio program saves it as a swf (Flash) file which is even better.

I recommend that if you are going to use this method, that you need a minimum if 1.4ghz processor otherwise the finished swf looks choppy sometimes. The screen capture processes is cpu intensive for anything under the 1.4ghz.

Additionalliy- if you want to be able to save it as a .wmv - then I would recommend windows media encoder which can also capture the screen and audio. That program can be found here.

Cheers

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,
          If you read carefully through the thread linked by LadyEye above, you will see that PPT will work.

The procedure I explained there, converts the PPT to a web page. I have actually disabled PPT on my PC and when I try to open an original PPT, it cannot open, whereas when I open the Web page (converted from PPT) it opens and plays perfectly.

Carla, there a a couple of ideas how to handle this in the link by LadyEye.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Tom-

I'll take a closer look. Thanks.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Tom-

I stand corrected. That is a FANTASTIC method for having a Power Point presentation on ones site.

Bravo- and many thanks.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128 View Post
                Tom-

I stand corrected. That is a FANTASTIC method for having a Power Point presentation on ones site.

Bravo- and many thanks.

Andy
                Thanks Andy.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will also be using it mysel on a new website shortly.
                Bless you
                Tom

Comment

Tom-

Ran across this. It works great. You can create a link and when the person clicks on it...the power point presentation opens in full screen automatically and runs and when it is done and they click exit- you can direct them back to any page you wish.

Click on this link- http://pptfaq.com/FAQ00428.htm
                  Then click on the Michael Koerner's PPT to HTML Tutorial and view the short video. Really shows what you can accomplish. Then at the end you can download the full instructions. Very cool.

Cheers-
                  Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Wow... talk about some major help with this project i have.. I want to thank everyone for posting. The easiest i have seen is the other link that Lady_eye has posted. Nowe i tried this, but i do have a ? about it. When i went in to save as a webpage the PPT is comes up as a HTML and not an .mhtml file. Am i doing something wrong here?

with PPT i am so lost ... I have the brand new PPT program so it gives me about 5 options to save as plus other options as well, i chose save as a webpage.

Sorry for being such a pain, but this has been very helpful...

Carla
                    Thanks a Bunch
                    Carla DeLaPaz
                    DCS Designs
                    www.dc-sdesigns.com

Comment

Hi Andy,
                      I thought I had a winner, but this is cool man. Very nice link post. I will check it out in more detail sometime later, but I do have it in my favourites now.

Carla, the option I explained in LadyEye's link is mhtml, but the one Andy found for us is using html. So, you are not doing any thing wrong. These are just two different methods to display your PPT on the web. The last one given by Andy is really cool, but I need to play with it first before I comment in more detail. In the mean time, you can try it. If it works for you, then GOOD.
                      Bless you
                      Tom

Comment

Working...
                      X