Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with focusing site with location

Hi,

I want to focus my site in a particular location - Hertfordshire- for hypnotherapy. here is the site

My question is how is it best to do this?

Is it best to use the term hertfordshire on every page in the page description/meta tags or have one page devoted to the key words hertfordshire and hypnotherapy, or a combination of both?

thanks as ever for your feedback

cheers

dave
    Dave

Law of Attraction Books
    Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
    Reiki Books

Re: help with focusing site with location

Firstly, get listed on here even if you already on Google. It let's them know where you are based.

Secondly, change your page titles.

remove 'welcome to my website' not required and it takes up room you could be putting to better use.

Your page title would be better as:

Hypnotist Hertfordshire | Stop Smoking | Stress Management

or similar... I don't know your business so it's up to you what part of your business is most important and what your potentila clients may type into Google.

If I am looking for a gardener, I don't just type 'Gardener' into Google...

I might type in 'Gardener in Worcester' or 'Tree cutting in Worcester' if that is the particular gardening service I required, so think of what people might type in to get you..

Don't need to coat all your pages with 'Hereford' I see it's mentioned on your pages enough already.

Google are very clever and will soon pick up on this.

Search for Hertfordshire business directories, local directories and get listed on the free ones under your type of business.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi, Ditto with Ramsey. Also remember the correct spelling for place names Hertfordshire instead of hertfordshire. Apparently the SE's do notice this.

Good luck.
      PS. you need to remove a ">" at the end of a script you have on the page, as it is showing at the top of your page..
      <script type="text/javascript">
      _uacct = "UA-3510857-1";
      urchinTracker();
      </script>>

The end should look like "</script" without the 2 chevrons
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
        Don't need to coat all your pages with 'Hereford' I see it's mentioned on your pages enough already.
        That's meant to read Hertfordshire not Hereford sorry!!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

thanks to you both for that,

dave
          Dave

Law of Attraction Books
          Reiki Books

Comment

A few places you can list on David:

http://www.hotfroguk.co.uk/ (Highly recommend!!)
            Make use of the fact that you can add as many keywords for your business on Hot Frog as you can, as this will give you a link for each word or phrase.

Thebestof Hertford and Ware is the best place to find everything local, trusted businesses, local guide, reviews, events, offers and so much more.

There's loads more...

Comment

thanks for all of that marincky,

great support as ever,

dave
              Dave

Law of Attraction Books
              Reiki Books

Comment

You're welcome. I've also just emailed you a little extra one.. but it's my secret and I don't tell too many people about it, but trust me... It's a goodun!

Comment

If you sign up for Google Webmaster Tools, in the settings you can indicate the geghraphical orientation of your site. Obviously this will only apply to Google searches but getting G onside is half the battle.

Comment

If you put your name and address on the footer along with your copyright, and on the contact pages that should be sufficient. No need to have it in your page names and titles. You arent about Hereford, and if you use it all the time, people looking to buy a home in Hereford or doing family tree in Hereford will be visiting you for info, but not finding what they want.. and your site isnt about HEREFORD. Its about what you do and where you are is secondary.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                      If you put your name and address on the footer along with your copyright, and on the contact pages that should be sufficient. No need to have it in your page names and titles. You arent about Hereford, and if you use it all the time, people looking to buy a home in Hereford or doing family tree in Hereford will be visiting you for info, but not finding what they want.. and your site isnt about HEREFORD. Its about what you do and where you are is secondary.

Karen
                      I got you on the Hereford bit now too LOL... It's Hertfordshire... You didn't read my correction?

Anyway, that's by the by.. I should have picked up on the address thing in the footer, which is something I always do so a big MACSLAP for missing that bit of advice sorry!

But I would still have it in the page title, it has worked for me many times and extremely well, but don't start a debate over it.. it's just my opinion

Comment

LOL.. no I started posting got side tracked, came back.. side tracked again. Ill conceed that ONE page name maybe could have it..like the home page... after that it gets pretty tacky and becomes apparent its for the SE and not the customer.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
                          LOL.. no I started posting got side tracked, came back.. side tracked again. Ill conceed that ONE page name maybe could have it..like the home page... after that it gets pretty tacky and becomes apparent its for the SE and not the customer.

Karen
                          Totally agree and sorry again I may not have explained that. So yes not on every page, just the home page and only once.

Comment

As well as what has been mentioned also look at similar sites that do well, see who where they have a link, you can do this just by typing their url into google which will show all the links or by using this tool

Paul
                            www.anxietynomore.co.uk
                            The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
                            Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
                            Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

thankyou all, great stuff

cheers

dave
                              Dave

Law of Attraction Books
                              Reiki Books

Comment

Working...
                              X