Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyword density?

Hi,

I found a toll that measures key word density on a site and I have heard the term used before. ca any suggest an reliable tool or service that can do this?

Also is there a known formula for keyword density with particular keywords ot phrases?

thanks

dave
    Dave

Law of Attraction Books
    Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
    Reiki Books

Re: keyword density?

Dave

There are tools that can ASSIST you with this, but theres no magic formula for keyword density or metrics. If there was everyone would use it and everyone would be number one. Pick three or four good keyword phrases and use them 3 to 5 times per page in different variations. Remember your text has to make sense, and the SE will pick up if they are used with in that paragraph etc even if they arent side by side.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Dave,

One more thing.. youre gonna fall back into the SEO hole, if you design totally for the SE and forget about your audience. You arent building your website for the Search Engines you are building it for potential customers. So.. do for them first, then you can come back and modify and tweak in better phrasing etc..Remember your audience is HUMAN not the spiderbots from google.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Dave, you can't get better advice than that!! You know your own market, you know who and what you want or need to attract, no tool will do that for you. Stick to a minimum amount of keywords and as Karen says, change the variation of them according to your page content on each page.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

hi,

yes i am learning!!! and will not fall into that trap again, the site is getting back into google now and is far better for the changes. I suppose I am looking for a loose guideline to apply for the site (and future ones).

dave
          Dave

Law of Attraction Books
          Reiki Books

Comment

Good advice already here Dave, and with your area of expertise it will probably be relatively easy to role-play as a visitor to your site as you write your copy. Remember to write what your visitor wants to read, not what you think they should be reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
              Dave

There are tools that can ASSIST you with this, but theres no magic formula for keyword density or metrics. If there was everyone would use it and everyone would be number one. Pick three or four good keyword phrases and use them 3 to 5 times per page in different variations. Remember your text has to make sense, and the SE will pick up if they are used with in that paragraph etc even if they arent side by side.

Karen
              Below is a tool that i use..

This tool will crawl the given URL, extract text as a search engine would, remove common stop words and Analyze the density of the keywords.

its a density checker... and diretly below is the density of your
              http://www.thetruthaboutreiki.com/ page just as an example

Keyword Density on that page is as follows..Keyword Count Density reiki5121.79% book198.12% energy83.42%

one school of thought on this is to not go much over 7% .. for any key word that you feel your clients (searchers) might use.. in a web search..
              kinda have to walk a mile in their moccasins ( i'm from kansas) and think like they do..

and here is one of my pages that the key words -- log bench keep me somewhere around page one.. with google..
              Keyword Count Density rustic245.87% bench204.89% log122.93% tables112.69% furniture112.69% oak92.2%

hope that helps.,.. member .. walk a mile in THEIR moccasins..
              Kindest of Regards,

Just Mike
              www.treetables.com

Comment

thanks mike,

looks like I may be overdoing it a bit!!

dave
                Dave

Law of Attraction Books
                Reiki Books

Comment

Didn't remember my two suggestions??

The most important one was to not over-complicate things, and to keep everything "natural" ........ you probably forgot the simple tech model I gave too, huh?
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

actually i did vasili! that is exactly why I am having a look at this site with very new eyes indeed.

I did this site quite a while ago and it is amazing how poor it now compares to what I am doing with others, time for a re design!!

It is on the front page of google for 'reiki books' which is great but does very little business and I can see why having not looked at it for a while!

dave
                    Dave

Law of Attraction Books
                    Reiki Books

Comment

Oh! OK........well.....how about "keep it fun"??

LOL

You are probably one of the very few that "got it" from all I have been spouting about with regard to "Search" and how the different aspects really fold in together......no wonder most professional SEO is done by teams rather than individuals, huh? It is not a small task, and by the time all the research is done by an individual, it usually is no longer "current" and worth implementing!
                      *By keeping things somewhat "generic" (for the sake of no better term, except possibly "nimble" or "versatile" -- in the "natural" scheme of content development), it is more 'reliable' to produce results in the longer run, as opposed to regular updating or a "managed program".....

PS: I might suggest again that my mention of the "horizontal 20%" is about twice your above mention of 7% and for good reason --- I would nudge you again on the more visible use of natural "phrases" over KW, especially when anchored in real content (THAT is the trick).
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

thanks for that vasili,

your nudging keeps me on my toes! but it is fun to see the sites developing into a process that will work (does that make me sad?) it is 3.30 am here and i really need to go to bed but my mind keeps going!! another cup of tea and then off.

dave
                        Dave

Law of Attraction Books
                        Reiki Books

Comment

hi vasili,

just read your post again and it appears I may have said that i had forgotten your help! oops, just to clarify, I didn't, that is why I am reviewing the sites. Just wanted to clarify that as did not want you to think it goes in one ear and out the other. Your help is great and well received,

dave
                          Dave

Law of Attraction Books
                          Reiki Books

Comment

Working...
                          X