adding text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding text

Someone else has been doing my website for me but I am trying to figure it out myself. I have looked at some tutorials but I don't find one telling me how to add text to an existing website. Can someone tell me where to look for this?

Thanks,
    Joe K.
    domain: bedfordgaol.com

Re: adding text

Start with THIS. It should help you.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I have already seen that tutorial - how do I even get to that page? It starts with a page already open and I can't even do that. How do I get to the page where I can do the operations shown on the tutorial? Do I go to the control panel?

Someone else has been doing this for me for a long time and I want to learn more without bugging them.

The control panel tutorials don't seem to open, though other tutorials did - maybe a local problem - I'm overseas.

Comment

PS,

I am looking at control panel instructions and it is very much over my head.

I have a user name and password for the site. There should be some place where I can log in to work on the site but I can't find it.

My website is already up and running - www.bedfordgaol.com. Does Blue Voda provide the service of doing the work of adding text for me if I pay them?

Thanks,
        Joe K.
        Last edited by Joe.Keysor; 03-31-2008, 12:15 PM. Reason: omission

Comment

Hi Joe

Blue voda is a desktop website builder, you don't need to log in anywhere to make changes.

You should have the blue voda website builder on your own computer and the .bvp files it creates on your own computer to make the changes on the page. You just open up the page, make your text changes and republish ..

I notice your website is just one page, so you would be looking for the index page to make changes to and republish.

You could contact me if you prefer.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your response.

The files you mentioned are on another computer. I can have them sent as attachments or perhaps rely on my original assistant after some time.

Joe

Comment

You will need those files and also the Blue Voda Website Builder (a free download) to work on your site.
              Go to:
              VodaHost offer two fantastic ways to create your websit, BlueVoda and Soholaunch

You do not need to log in. Merely click on the download button. Follow installation instructions.
              Your Blue Voda files will be inside your My Documents folder. This is where your should put any existing files you have concerning your website.
              Open the BV Web Builder program.
              Click on File/Open Page/
              Navigate to the files mentioned above.
              I suggest you spend time viewing tutorials before trying to make changes.
              Video tutorials about how to create an amazing website with the BlueVoda website builder, brought to you by VodaHost web hosting.

These are a MUST VIEW if you have no web building experience.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

Working...
              X