Help publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help publishing

Have new domain and want to publish to it. The free domain was registered by VH and i received a message to use a password given me in VBS and manage the site from there, well that gives nothing but account info.....do i publish to same Ip? I created File and tried to publish to it adding .com and without it, but get message error 550 that file doesn't exist. It has been some time since i published other site and don't remember how i got started......................anyway have index page and want to publish or at least be able to create some pages, so how do i get started? ......Just create them in the File i created for site and then publish to..?
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: Help publishing

Hi, have you set up your new add on domain in cpanel & made sure that the new domain is pointed at your server? Once this is done, you should be able to publish to public_html/your-new-domain-folder/
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks for answering chris, it is not n add on...it is a new domain i had from posts on forum....i added it on the add domain in cp but cannot publish, get same error....
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Hi, If you have got a new domain & added it to your server? Has it not created a new folder with th same name, so you can publish to it.?
        Maybe worth a quick look in cpanel to see if this has been created.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks chris I think I hve it, I need to publish to the new name minus the .com
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Working...
          X