My site is ready to go...I think (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My site is ready to go...I think (?)

Hello everyone, I've quietly been working away on my site and I think it's ready to go. There's still many uploads I'd like to do but the "meat" of the site is done I think. I tried to keep it as clean and simple as possible. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated but please keep in mind that I'm a true novice...this is my first website and it's still foreign territory to me! ...I'm terribly nervous about "putting it out there"!
    Thank you!
    Linde

www.gerlindecreations.com

Re: My site is ready to go...I think (?)

Hi Linde

In the context of your site, "stationary" is spelled incorrectly, it should be "stationery."

Comment

Oh man! Thanks for catching that!
      Linde

Comment

Hi Linde,

Where are the stationery selection list on the left as indicated??????
        Verify all your links are validated in BlueVoda Tools before publishing.

My thoughts are your logo is nice but your page design is not. It is very stiff. Since you are a designer I am sure you can come up with something better.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Nice looking site flows nicely, one thing that I did not like was your coldwell baker image on the home page very fuzzy other that that I like it, so good luck with it.

sigpicJoe
          Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
          The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Hi, nice looking site. Some of your images are being distorted slightly because they are being reduced from the original size.
            Only a personal thing, but I would loose or move the gerlinde creations logo on every page. It’s a bit annoying having to scroll down to view every image when going through the galleries.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Linde, I really like the web site. My best advise would be to try to make it so the visitor don't have to click twice on the menu to view the items like just taking out the sub-menu and put a separate menu on the page, or put something more entertaining on the page that they go to before the page with your items on in. That way it would be easier to go to all the things in your site

Comment

Thank you very much to everyone that has replied. Some of you voiced the same concerns that I had so I'll be busy working on the site. Your feedback is/was very much appreciated.
                Linde

Comment

Looking good, one thing though.. over the blue voda ad, it implies that building the website costs 7.95 a month..when that is really the hosting.. perhaps if it read.. Build your own website for free, hosting from 4.95 per month. which is the 3 year rate and makes it a more attractive deal.

Comment

Your page title is one of the most important items for SEO. The title should use the main keywords in the description of the page.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi
                    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

I believe I would resize that jpg of the dolphins - it's 460+ KB. Resizing it would make the page load a lot faster.
                      The Notification link takes you to Yahoo Tech Groups with no way to get back other than the Back button. That might be a link I would want to have open in a separate page. Then when they close it there is your page again.
                      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                      Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                      Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Working...
                      X