Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Works, but....

Hi,
    My form is working but I want to make some fields mandatory, how is that done?
    thanks

Re: Form Works, but....

You can use either BV's own Javascript validation, or ABVFP's php validation, or both.
    Most webmasters suggest that you should be using both: the Javascript validation is just fine for normal users that have Javascript enabled on their computer, the php is good for those having Javascript disabled or as a protection against spammers (that certainly try to overide the Javascript validation). So using both, is the best method.

To validate (and make mandatory) some fields with BV's Javascript, double click the field, then click on "Validate" and fill in the Validation Dialog box.

For ABVFP, if you decide to install and use it, you can read instructions in the zip that you will download.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval

that worked, I don't know that I am ready for the advanced form yet, I downloaded it and I am probably a long way from understanding that.

Thanks again

Comment

Just take five minutes and read the ABVFP tutorial, included in the zip you downloaded. You will see that there are a lot of features that most users have been asking for and it also provides excellent protection against spammers and bots.

Installing it takes (for the non experienced user) no more than 10-15 minutes.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

OK, but a couple more questions please, Most autoresponders say that you should use their form and then upload their php file, I guess. Will the BV form work with any autoresponder? I am currently using Traffic Wave and I have tested it a couple of times and I am not getting the confirmation letter, so don't know whether it is the form or the AR. Secondly, am I allowed to ask for an autoresponder recommendation?
          Thanks
          Russ

Comment

I republished and now get this message,

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /splash.html on this server.
            Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
            Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.thematrixsyndicate.net Port 80 Have I done something wrong here? Russ

Comment

Hey Naval,
              I am assuming you will see this, but I think I maybe have it, if I am using an autoresponder then I must use their script and if I am using my own email address then I can use the BV forms. Is that correct?
              Russ

Comment

You did not specify, in the start of this thread, that the form is for use with an autoresponder. So let's clarify things:

An autoresponder script needs it's own form. The problem is not the form itself (you can use the one they provide, or build it yourself, in BV).
                The problem is the form "action". If this action is set to be the autoresponder script, than the form will work ok, meaning that a submission from that form will trigger all those procedures that need to be triggered when a visitor subscribes.

If instead the form is set to submit to ABVFP, it will only send you an email (as well as ABVFP's autoresponder email to the visitor) BUT it will not trigger your autoresponder script, nor will it store the info in the autoresponder's database (it will store it, but in its own database).

Please clarify what you ned to do so i can provide more specific help.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval,
                  Thanks for your help on this but I need the form for an auto responder, so from what I understand from the above I need to use the autoresponder script and not the BV one, which is what I have published via the tutorials.
                  What I do not understand is that if I use the BV form and use the appropriate email for the autoresponder, why that does not work.
                  I will try to be more specific at the beginning of my posts in future. It really is amazing, we expect people to get into our minds to see where we are coming from. Impossible.
                  regards
                  Russ

Comment

Working...
                  X