xoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xoops

the version you offer us comes bundled with no core modules.I want to create a community site and use yogurt but need a newer version.Can some1 tell me when and if the cms systems voda offers for install will be upgraded?

Re: xoops

Hi,

Have you check out the rest in Fantastico? There are a few others that you can use to create a community site.

Say click on xoop and fantastico will display the link to the xoop website. Click on the link and you will be taken to their hompage where you
    can check out all their latest offerings and where you can download the full
    package core included and upload to your server using Blue FTP.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Originally posted by Trivium View Post
      the version you offer us comes bundled with no core modules.I want to create a community site and use yogurt but need a newer version.Can some1 tell me when and if the cms systems voda offers for install will be upgraded?
      Xoops is Open Source and free, and the Fantastico! panel offered by VodaHost simply makes the ability of selecting many of the featured titles easy to install using the "one-click" method.
      As you were told in the Joomla thread, if you desire a newer release or a more comprehensive "core" script, you are more than capable of downloading Xoops FREE from the official website and manually installing it yourself: VodaHost Servers are more than capable of providing the foundation for you to develop your vision!

Originally posted by zuriatman View Post
      Hi,
      Have you check out the rest in Fantastico? There are a few others that you can use to create a community site.
      Say click on xoop and fantastico will display the link to the xoop website. Click on the link and you will be taken to their hompage where you
      can check out all their latest offerings and where you can download the full package core included and upload to your server using Blue FTP.
      That may be true, but Xoops has certain features and User-friendly tools that make this a particularly good choice.

Wrong, wrong wrong! You have no idea what you are talking about!
      Blue FTP is intended only for small files and is best considered for use in conjuntion with transferring elements to support publishing websites from within Blue Voda --- it most definitely can NOT handle files (zipped or not) the size of any web script such as this!

In your cPanel, you would be better off using the FILE MANAGER "Upload" tool to load the un-zipped Xoops files without threat of corrupting them.
      Alternatively, you can establish an FTP ACCOUNT in cPanel also, and then use that utility to populate your account.

Just remember to un-zip the package first, in every case.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ty Vasilli,i will see if i can do that in file manager

Comment

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X