X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I resolve this

Hallo to the wise men and ladies,
    Some advice please.

I have a need for 2 thank you pages they can not both be named action, dilemma, what now?
    1. www.sitesunion.com/action.html is the congrats page after a member has joined. It is named action and is an action.php file.

2. I have a submission of detail form
    www.sitesunion.com/contactform[1].html
    this needs a thank you page which has been built but not published as I need to know if this has to be an action.php file and if so what shall I name it?
    (Please do not tell me to watch the tutorials, as they do not give me the answer to having 2 thank you pages. I have watched these a thoudsand time over)
    Thank you
    Bucksbunny

Re: How do I resolve this

You can name the pages whatever you want. The only page on your website where the name matters is the index.

If you need two forms just make two sets of form and action pages

For instance you can have

"contact.html" (page with the form) whos action is "thankyou.php" (php page that sends the email)

and then a second one called "someform.html" (another page with the form), and then "action.php" (second page with the php script to send an email).

Also assuming you don't need the subject of the email to change between the two forms, you could just have 1 page that sends the email, and both form's have an action that go that one page.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thank you
      Bucks

Comment

img { behavior: url("pngfix.***"); }
        When I view my thank you page in my previewer it shows the above garbage, what is it and how do I move it. It is not visible in the building page.
        thank you

Comment

Hi Bucks,

As Watdaflip has explained, you can have two "thank you pages". Call the one action and the other thankyou for example, but both must be php. Ok I see on your server you have a action.html. Republish this as a php extension. Then I see you have a thankyoupage.php file. Hopefully this is the correct page you want.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Tom, I have written to you by email, I do not follow. to the best of my knowledge I have no thank you page on the web. Die ding is bo my vuurmaakplek!
            Bux

Comment

Bucks,
              I think it was your first attempt when you still named it thankyoupage and now you have the new one called action. Must I delete the old one for you?
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Please delete the old one.
                Tom, I have posted this problem a few times, in fact 3 times on various forums, started i am sure about a week ago asking about this. But not had a reply.
                I am afraid to write a thread as I apparently have already overdone it. I'll try and stay away now.
                Just one last thing which no one has answered.
                I can not publish the thank you page I have. Dont know why, but in preview it gives me some gibberish right on top of the page, if you look in my post of 8.13 this evening you will see it. Thank you.
                I have sent some email, was wondering why you did not respond, but I suppose they are not for the address your at now.
                Bux

Comment

Hi Bucks,

Navaldesign has answerred you in your other post. Have you done his steps? First do that, then preview and see if you still get that error.
                  Yip, I'm at home now, not reading the other emails.
                  Bless you
                  Tom

Comment

Tom, that is what I wrote the email about, I do not have a degree in computer science. I AM A BEGINNER.
                    I am now told to fill the action field on the page where I have embedded the script. What the....does that mean? ??????embedded the script??????
                    That is computer scientific jargon I am not as jet familiar with. Thus I can not do as told, nor can I write and ask because I have already done too much posting. Do you understand my dilemma?
                    Tom I have tried to tell the good man, I am a greenhorn
                    It is a bit like taking him blue water racing if he has never sailed and he gets told to throw off the sheets, or tighten the guy. He'll probably chuck my bedding overboard, and tie up one of the crew members, the guy!
                    If he has sailed he will know, I do not know as I have never computered.
                    love you guys
                    Bux
                    So after all this, what is it I must do in plain language please. i have looked again before I sent this, I do not see the facility to do as told on my thank you page

Comment

Give this a try-

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Bux,

we do understand that you have no experience. Most new users here are in the same position as you are. So please cool down, and repeat the Forms Tutorial. Make sure to read all the steps as described UNDER the multimedia presentation. The video tutorial is fine, but the text under it is what a new user needs to see and follow.

Make NO assumptions: follow the instructions to the letter, do NOT change anything, after you have sucess with this, you can try variations of your own.

Or, have some pro help. Both I and Watdaflip and Andy can help you out with this.
                        Navaldesign
                        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                        X