Help with Form & Thank you page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Form & Thank you page

I wonder if anyone can help with the problem I'm having with my form and thank you page?

On my website http://www.punchandjudyman.co.uk

I have created the page for a form which is here http://www.punchandjudyman.co.uk/enquiry.html

The thank you page I have created is http://www.punchandjudyman.co.uk/action.php

But it shows an following error when I try to send the completed form

The Thank you page or action page, as I have called it is saved as per the video instruction as a .php file. I have right clicked and under page properties have made sure the title is action and the file extention is php

If I click Page Properties on the form itself it is showing the form name is action, then under Action it says action.php, Method says POST and under Encoding type it is selected as multi-part/formdata

Can anyone spot where I have gone wrong, I have watched the two tutorials many times and also read the notes underneath both.

Any help or assistance in easy to understand newbie lingo, would be greatfully appreciated!

Re: Help with Form & Thank you page

Are you sure that you published the action.php page to the server? If yes, then go into that page and delete the php script and then save and publish. Post back when you have done this.

Also- just to clarify. There are two pages that you create with BV to make this work. Your first one is the form page which you have named
    enquiry and have an html extension and have published it to the server.
    On this page- inside the FORM properties, you need to set the Action: to
    action.php. Why? Because you are basically saying- when I hit submit on this form, it needs to go to the action.php page to be processed.

The second page is named action. It has a php extension. This page is "referred to" as the Thank You page as it says thank you for posting your information. But in reality- its name is action. It has a php script that you have placed inside the body of the page. Because of this- it must have a .php extension. You accomplish this by putting a check box in the php extension on the page properties.

The title (in the page properties) can be called what ever you want. Typically, it has something to do with the page. Like- Enquiry Form or Contact processing page etc.... It does not need to be called Action.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Please connect with FTP and make sure that the action.php file permissions are 644. If they are anything else, set them to 644.

I also found a "action.html" page, is this something you had published before ?
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Andy 128

Thanks for the advice:

I have taken out and deleted the php script from the action page, which was added to the beginning of the body in HTML and had my email address added. I have now saved the changes made and published it again.

You're correct in that I created two pages in BV, one named enquiry which has the extension of html and was saved and published to the server by clicking on the publish button. The form within this page is set to action.php, Method is set to POST and Ecoding type is set to multipart/form-data.

The second page, the action page is set to php when the file is published. I found this by right clicking on the page and selecting page properties.

Navaldesign:

How do I connect with FTP? I am not sure what this means. When I publish each page I just click on the publish button. So I have no idea how I would make sure the action.php file permissions are set to 644.

The action.html file I think I have deleted now, this would have been made in eorror.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          Please connect with FTP and make sure that the action.php file permissions are 644. If they are anything else, set them to 644.

I also found a "action.html" page, is this something you had published before ?
          Navaldesign

I have now found out how to connect to FTP as you suggested and have looked at the file permissions for action.php and it says they are set to 644

I have also deleted the page named action.html

Not sure what else to do now.

Thanks for your help so far

Comment

Mark,
            Well- it is diffucult to diagnois because I am not there. You say you published it to the server, but it is not showing up.

If you'd like- click on the link to my business site and send me your log in details and I will have a look at your files/structure to see if I can figure it out. If you don't want to do that- I understand.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128 View Post
              Mark,
              Well- it is diffucult to diagnois because I am not there. You say you published it to the server, but it is not showing up.

If you'd like- click on the link to my business site and send me your log in details and I will have a look at your files/structure to see if I can figure it out. If you don't want to do that- I understand.

Andy
              Andy you're very kind indeed, is your business website 123gpp.com?? I'm hoping it is and will email/contact you via there.

Regards

Mark Andrews

Comment

Mark-
                Have also emailed you on this.

I checked and the action.php page is there. Also, the permissions are correct for it too. I believe that it is an error in settings on your account specific to php handling. Please submit a support ticket so they can re-set or correct.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Rename your page on the server (in example, make it "ACTION.php" and see if it results reachable. If yes, then rename it again to "action.php"
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Can I thank both Navaldesign and Andy128 for all of your help, There was a problem on the server and after creating a ticket with Blue Voda, they have corrected the problem and everything is now working fine.

Thanks for your help and advice, at least I now know it wasn't anything I was doing wrong!

Comment

Working...
                    X