Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Help!!

Hi,

I have watched the Form Tutorials and have created a simple form on this page of my secondary website. http://www.defendersofguthix.com/main.html I only wish to have the information they enter into those fields emailed to me at the email address associated with this site.

Also I would like it mandatory that both bullets be checked before there application can be submitted.

This is my site I am building to get the hang of using Blue Voda before transferring my real business site to Voda Host but I would like to be able to figure all these issues out first.

I have also created a TY page for after there form has been submitted which does not show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated TYVM in advance.

The domain name is www.defendersofguthix.com

Re: Form Help!!

You have named your action page with a .html extension. It needs to bea .php extension. You can correct this by going to page properties and choosing php as the page extension.

Also- you have not placed the php script into the page html portion of the page. So, please copy the script below changing the parts in blue to that which pertains to you (your email).

<?PHP
    $email = $_POST[email];
    $mailto = "feedback@yourdomain.com";
    $mailsubj = "Feedback form";
    $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form:\n";
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
    {
    $mailbody = "$key : $val\n";
    }
    mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
    ?>

To paste in the page html - go to page properties and go to the bottom and click on page html. Then click on the Begining of Body tag and paste in the white portion.

To make the radio buttons manditory- click on each to bring up properties and click on validate and make it required.

Save and publish- test.
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi,

Ty for the speedy and helpful reply. I believe i have set it up correctly now as i now get the ty page when submitting the information and get a copy of it in my email account and in the subject it says feedback form. this is all great. The problem i am having however is when i receive the email it only shows the line:

Values submitted from web site form:

but has no values submitted. Meaning no name, no email, none of the fields suppose to be filled in.

I also receive this on the top of the page:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/imp/message.php on line 463

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,
      Robert Campbell

Comment

hmmmm......

Not sure what is going on. The message you are getting has to do with your horde email

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/imp/message.php on line 463
        That may be affecting the items from being reported from the form.

If you have an email account with yahoo, google or msn or something- try putting that as the email to receive the data and see what happens.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

New! Form Help!!

Ok sorry for the lapse on solving this problem as I was on vacation. You mentioned trying to set up my form to send the data to another email address instead of my vodahost email. I was wondering if you could give me the steps to change the field on my form to send the information to another email as you suggested. (for trouble shooting my problem)

Question #2 (unrelated to forms)

I own another domain name (purchased and hosted by one of the biggest hosting companies, however it is inferior to the quality of vodahost) and so I would like to transfer my domain name and service to vodahost.

Now for the questions!

1. How do I do this?

2. Do I need to create a new account for this new domain or can I attach it onto my vodahost account.

3. If I can attach it to my vodahost account (which I am hoping) do I need to pay additional transfer fees and can I use the disk space and bandwidth etc. from my current VodaHost or must I pay for separate hosting of this new domain name?

--Hope this isn't too much to ask at once, but I have finally found a hosting company I want to do all my business with (vodahost) and need the 411 on domain/hosting transferring of my other domain name as I would like to also purchase additional domain names in the future from vodahost. Please explain these things to me.

VODAHOST ROCKS!!!

Comment

I still need help with this. TY

Comment

Yes, you can transfer your domain name to Vodahost ( see tutorial)

In the meantime you can point your dns at your other hosting site to
              point to your vodahost server. (see tutorial)
              Then create an addon domain using your pointed domain name (see tutorial)
              ....this is covered by your existing account...i.e. no extra charge.

have fun
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thank You,

For your reply about transferring my domain name to Voda Host, however I won't be transferring until I can figure out all my problems with my current domain (which I purchased mainly to learn how to use Blue Voda. The problem I am having is with my form found on this page:

There is tons of crazy text at the top of the screen and my form doesn't work. When I submit the information that I entered into the form I get an email saying I submitted data from form but nothing shows up as to what that data is. (the information that was entered into the form)

PLEASE HELP ME!

Comment

Hello please somebody help me i have weird text on many of my pages display on top of each one I tried a couple of things like delete some files but the problem still and also none of the forms works well what i do?

Comment

A link please ?
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry Naval,

The link is http://www.defendersofguthix.com/main.html

I really hope you can work this out!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi is me again
                        the issue now is that made corrections on forms but i publish then 1000 times but the changes never apply what i do now?
                        thank you

Comment

shandeclader,

After publish try to clear your browser cache so when you access your page/site you are only accessing the newest (most recently published) information.

I use Firefox and the steps are:

Tools > Clear Private Data > Check Cache (actually I check them all but you may get away with just checking cache) > Then click on clear private data now.

This will make it so the next time you access that site/page if will only read the newest published information (assuming you did all your steps correct in publishing and clearing the cache.)

Hope this works ENJOY!

Comment

Your problem is due to the fact that you have mbedded a form in your page, and you have used the built in form wizard. BUT you have published the page as html. When you use the built in form processot, the page MUST be published as php: View, Page Properties, File extension (when the page is published ; select php

In your menus, set the link to that page to be main.php instead of main.html. The same for other pages with the same problem.
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                            X