no html code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no html code

My programme was renewed by Hank this morning.

I have wiped out all I have done to start afresh. I can not still not get a form to work Have watched the tutorials for 4 weeks now.

Listening to the tutorial and reading it simultaneously It does not work for me.

1. I have no HTML code to be pasted that looks remotely like what the tuorial shows.

2. Where do I get this code?

Re: no html code

This is all the code i have pasted from my site

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    <html>
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <title>Information</title>
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
    <style type="text/css">
    div#container
    {
    width: 700px;
    position: relative;
    margin-top: 0px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    text-align: left;
    }
    body
    {
    text-align: center;
    margin: 0;
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div id="container">
    <div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:1px;top:0px;width:49 4px;height:458px;z-index:0" align="left">
    <table width="100%" border="2" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#8B0000" id="Table1">
    <tr>
    <td align="left" valign="top" width="490" height="454">&nbsp;</td>
    </tr>
    </table></div>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

Is what need here?

Don't se anything which allows me to alter or fill in an email.

I am so sorry that I am posting again, but somehow it has to work.

Comment

You are correct there is no form in that html code.

I am unsure as to what exactly the problem you are having. You just have to create the form in BV (its just a matter adding the form elements, should just be clicking a couple buttons).

There is no html code you have to paste, there is some php code you need to send the email, but that will go on a page other then the form.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanx for the feed back.
        Is there anywhere I can get this code?
        I am not familiar with code neither with most computer formailities or the technical jargon.
        If any thing, at best I can cut and paste. I am happy to know that all my battles were not entirely due to my stupidity. I have for a few weeks been trying to create a form and have watched the videos so often, I can recite them of by pat!
        What is my option please?
        Bucks

Comment

The code is about two thirds down the page in the tutorial

I'll copy and paste it here for you
          Code:
          [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=black]<?PHP[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
           [COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]$mailto =[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]"[/COLOR]youremail@yourdomain.com[COLOR=black]"[/COLOR][COLOR=black];[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]$email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]if ($email == "") {[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]$email = $mailto;[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]}[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]$mailsubj = "[/COLOR]Type your mail subject here[COLOR=black]";[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]$mailhead = "From: $email\n";[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]$mailbody = "[COLOR=blue]Values submitted from web site form :[/COLOR]\n";[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]{[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]if ($key!="submit")[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]{[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]$mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);[/COLOR][/FONT]
           [/COLOR][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]?>[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
          Make sure you scroll down, there is a whole lot more content in the tutorial. The tutorial covers making the form itself.

Basically think of it as input -> process -> output

The form is the input, its where the user fills in information, when they submit it goes to another page which will process the data entered (in this case send the email). Finally the output, it is usually on the same page (as in this case).

I hope that has made things a little clearer

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
          X