Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with a few things!

Hi

I'm building a new website for a friend of mine who is a model. She's asked for a few things that I'm not sure how to do, and would appreciate any advice.

1) She wants to disable right clicking on the photos in the gallery. I've explained to her that this is pointless & suggested watermarking, but she wants it anyway!

2) She has given me a pic that she would like to use to display her stats. The idea is that when you hover the mouse over a body part, some text appears giving stats. eg - hover over her waist, and the text " waist - 24" " will appear.

3) She wants a gallery with thunbnails on the left of the page. As as hover over each thumbnail, the full size pic will appear on the right.

Please help!!!

Thanks
    Pete

Re: I need help with a few things!

1) I would try to explain again that disabling right click is going to cause her to lose visitors that are annoyed by a prompt every time they right click then it will prevent the very few users who are going to come to the site to steal images, as it will not prevent users from stealing images. A watermark will help so people know where the image came from (although if not placed well it can be removed, such as if you put it in a unimportant part of the image, or somewhere with a solid color). If she still insists on having it there are multiple threads on the forum with the code as well as many places on the internet.

2) You could use either javascript or an image map and just use the title attribute to display the text. I don't know if BV has a image map features, if not you would have to enter the html code manually (if so I can provide you with the code you need to do it). If you want to take the javascript route search dynamic drive for something like "tool tips" or something to that affect. A google search for "javascript +tool tips" will probably turn up some results.

3) BV has a lightbox feature, I don't know if thats what she wants. There might be some other similar features in BV (I don't use BV, and I only know what I have read about it)

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks for that.

2) I was hoping that there was a way to use the 'Event's & 'Mouse over' from the image properties in BV?

3) Yeah - I've always used lightbox before but she wants all thumbnails on the left, and each full size image will display on the right when the thumb nail has the mouse hovering over it!

Pete

Comment

2) Events such as mouse over will only allow you to do that for the entire image. You could break it up into multiple images, but you wouldn't even have to use an event at that point, you would just have to define a title for the image.

3) The only built in feature with BV (that I know of) is the lightbox. What you want is possible with javascript, you may want to check http://dynamicdrive.com

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks

I was thinking of adding a transparent shape over each part of the body, & adding a mouse over event to each shape? Would this work? I just don't know how to set that up to reveail text when the mouse points to each shape!

I know there is a 'gallery section in BV, but I can't figure out how to get it to do what she wants.

Thanks again
          Pete

Comment

I don't know if BV has the javascript to create a tool tip for the events or if it is just a feature to allow for the event function to be defined. Sorry if you have no idea what I am talking about I will try to explain. The events such as the mouse over event still requires javascript code to whatever event is going to happen (in your case you want a box to appear with text describing the image).

Can't really help with the second part, perhaps a BV user will come along an answer that one

Register/Login Script

Comment

I've just downloaded jalbum, in the hope of finding a solution to the gallery problem. Does anybody know how I can do this, either in BV or in jalbum:

I want all of the thumbnail images on the left hand side of the page. When you hover your mouse over a thumbnail, it displays, in full size, on the right hand side of the page.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi

Many thanks for the help. I've sorted everything except for the 'mouse over'.

Basically, she want a photograph of her self on the site, and visitors can hover their mouse cursor over different body parts to find out her stats.

For example, you hover the mouse over her waist and the text "Waist - 24" " will appear.

I have no idea how to set this up in Bluevoda - the only way I could think of was to but a transparent shape over parts of her body, and create a mouse over event for each transparent shape, but I can't make this work.

Can any body help?????

Thanks
                Pete

Comment

Working...
                X