Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data base help

Hi there,

I have a database that I want to modify and add to my my website can you please advise me if and how I can do this.

They apear to be asp files and front page.
    I hope you understand my request
    Regards
    Rachelle

Re: Data base help

If it is asp files you can't add it to your vodahost webspace as it can't run windows based files such as asp

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Do you know how I can change these files, I am trying to achive a data base similar to this.

regards

Comment

Its not a matter of converting the file type, its the contents. The contents of an .asp file is ASP programming code, which VodaHost servers cannot interpret. You have to use a different programming language, PHP is the most common. The files can't just be converted to something like a .php and just work, the contents has to change, in this case programmed from scratch.

The simplest solution is to find a php script similar to the asp one you have that has similar functionality. A good place to start is http://hotscripts.com

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Creating a data baseand using it on your website is a good idea. Please can someone tell me how do I create it and what software do I need to use to start creating my own data base.

Comment

You can create the database in cpanel, depending on what you are trying to achieve you can find a script that does what you need, or if it is something that is more unique you would have to custom create the script to do what you need. Its not really software you have to use, its pages on your website with the code that tells it what to do

Register/Login Script

Comment

Working...
            X