Site Critics Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Critics Wanted

Hi All. I have been with Vodahost for a couple years and published my first site (a gaming fansite) shortly after joining. I am getting ready to make another gaming site and wanted to get some good feedback on this one before I jump in too fast on the next project.

A couple things are already annoying to me for example the name "index" appears in the description on the task bar and also saves the page in IE as "index". I haven't found anything in the forum about that, just how to name the pages. Also I made the pages to be viewed best in 1024x768 resolution but because of the large graphic on the home page it is better at higher resolution. At a higher resolution or on a widescreen monitor the banner and some graphics do not display all across horizontally so that is another problem I see.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    www.fca-alliance.com
    www.fca-alliance.com

Re: Site Critics Wanted

I like it, Just a tad slow, but nice site

Comment

On the page 'title' issue, right click on a blank spot on each page in BV and select Page Properties. Under the General tab, you will see 'Title'. Enter there the title of the page. Then Save and Publish. This is what will appear in the blue bar at the top of the website page - normally along with the browser name. This is what will appear when someone adds the page to Favorites or Bookmarks
      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
      Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
      Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Originally posted by jcaywood View Post
        On the page 'title' issue, right click on a blank spot on each page in BV and select Page Properties. Under the General tab, you will see 'Title'. Enter there the title of the page. Then Save and Publish. This is what will appear in the blue bar at the top of the website page - normally along with the browser name. This is what will appear when someone adds the page to Favorites or Bookmarks
        Okay, I had it in my head that the home page must be named "index". I will take a look at it again. Thanks for your help. Anyone else have feedback it's much appreciated.
        www.fca-alliance.com

Comment

I am the last person that should be commenting on anyone's site. I've been at this almost a month and wondering what kind of child I would have to have been to have my site up in a day as the BV ad suggested (!) However, I loved your site. The music was great, I didn't find the pages slow at all. The color choice complemented the content. Although there is a lot of information, it is not congested. I think you did a great job. AND, out of ignorance on my part, there were a lot of links and bits that you seem extremely adept at creating. Good luck to you, much success.

Comment

Originally posted by subpainter View Post
            I am the last person that should be commenting on anyone's site. I've been at this almost a month and wondering what kind of child I would have to have been to have my site up in a day as the BV ad suggested (!) However, I loved your site. The music was great, I didn't find the pages slow at all. The color choice complemented the content. Although there is a lot of information, it is not congested. I think you did a great job. AND, out of ignorance on my part, there were a lot of links and bits that you seem extremely adept at creating. Good luck to you, much success.
            Thank you very much for your compliments. I hope you have fun with Blue Voda too!
            www.fca-alliance.com

Comment

Just a couple of tweaks here and there. First of I would center the pages, two on your forum page no menu bars, Three on your join page I would make the box much bigger right now it looks like a mish mosh to many things close together, well other than that I think its good. Well good luck with it.

Joe
              www.anytime-figurines.com
              sigpicJoe
              Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

"laughter is the best medicine"
              The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Originally posted by jkadin View Post
                Just a couple of tweaks here and there. First of I would center the pages, two on your forum page no menu bars, Three on your join page I would make the box much bigger right now it looks like a mish mosh to many things close together, well other than that I think its good. Well good luck with it.

Joe
                Thanks Joe for the input. I definately need to center my pages. I guess doing this it will look better displayed in different resolutions. The join page is really busy, but I was obsessed with the graphics and dumped them there making then box smaller than the page to accomodate them.

As far as adding Menu bars to the PHPbb forum page I would love to do that but don't have a clue how to do it. Any ideas? Thanks again for the feedback.
                www.fca-alliance.com

Comment

I like your website. Only critic i would give you is that ur website loading time is 602.42 seconds. So try to make it better b.coz first impression is last impression. everything else is kool.
                  Regards
                  Attraction Passes
                  Adventure Travel
                  Europe Train Pass
                  www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

Working...
                  X