Preventing copying of images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing copying of images

I am building a web site from which I intend to sell prints of pen and ink drawings for which I have the copyright.. I have created separate Lightboxes for each thumbnail as I do not like the normal type face. However, I need to prevent viewers copying the thumbnails and the enlarged images. How do I do this other than re-photographing each original with a red line across it (very unattractive)?

printsofcornwall.com Cannot find my user ID. My apologies: new to this site.

Re: Preventing copying of images

It is impossible to prevent people from doing so.. you can always put a thing that will not allow right clicking but that will only prevent the dummies and not the average computer user.

There is many ways to cheat the system like pressing the Print Screen key on your keyboard (which copies the screen), you can also press the key thats beside the Alt and Ctrl key which is a right click.

I am also from Cornwall, on the other side of the world though in Canada! hehe
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Jeremy. Thanks but VodaHost said I can watermark images but how do I do that?

Comment

That is a good idea, I want to stop people stealing images

Comment

Originally posted by Interpreter View Post
          Jeremy. Thanks but VodaHost said I can watermark images but how do I do that?
          They said you CAN, as in if you wanted to you could edit all of your images and add a watermark.

Originally posted by Oscar-DFHIE View Post
          That is a good idea, I want to stop people stealing images
          You can't stop people from stealing images.... as stated above

Register/Login Script
          Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
          X