Blue Voda Guestbook form issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Voda Guestbook form issue

Hi Guys, I recently implemented the guestbook feature into my webpage. Once published, I decided to test it out and filled in the form (with giberrish text)and then submitted it, and my message showed at the botttom of the guestbook.
    Well I subsequently deleted and removed the guestbook from the webpage a few days ago. Then today I decided to publish the guestbook again today without filling in the form in this time.
    But once it was published the same message I wrote a few days ago was still there so I deleted it and tried again. Same thing occurred over and over every time I published the guestbook.
    I also looked into the properties and advanced settings although nothing has worked.

How can I get rid of the old message?

Re: Blue Voda Guestbook form issue

Login as Administrator to your guestbook and delete the message.

This message appears because you deleted the guestbook from your page, but you did NOT delete the files chat were created in your website the first time you installed it. The guestbook creates a file with all messages, and this one remained in the site.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Guest Books are vital to a good website, I will also need to create one.

Oscar

WebSiteLinks.co.za
      Useful Links
      FishingInfo.co.za
      Fishing Tips, Profiles, Gallery etc.

Comment

Login as Administrator to your guestbook and delete the message.
        Where do I log in as admin? I don't see a log in icon or anything.

Comment

The BV guestbook allows you to add a link to the admin area. If you had it disabled, enable it, publish the page again, and then open the page in your browser. Than link on the "Admin" link.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            The BV guestbook allows you to add a link to the admin area. If you had it disabled, enable it, publish the page again, and then open the page in your browser. Than link on the "Admin" link.
            I am really confused now.
            I opened the guestbook feature in Blue Voda website builder and went to advanced properties and checked the "show admin link" box.
            I then published it opened the page in my browser.
            Then I clicked on the Admin login link and a guestbook login window opened.
            This window asks for a login password. How do I know what the login password is when I have never logged in previously?
            I tried numerous login names like my Vodahost login passwords although nothing seems to work.
            What am I doing wrong? This is frustrating!

Comment

You provide the username you like!

In Advances, just under the "Show Admin Link" there is a field for the password. Type there whatever password you want, and then use it to login.
              Navaldesign

Comment

I figured it out navaldesign. Thanks for all your help!

Another question for you. (what a pest I am)

How can I implement a newsletter sign up form or something similar?

Thanks!

Comment

Depends on what you want to do with it.

To build the form, simply watch the Forms tutorial. The info will be submitted to you.

If you want the info to be automatically stored also in the database, use ABVFP.

However, at the end, to use the collected info, you need to use a mailing software.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Depends on what you want to do with it.

To build the form, simply watch the Forms tutorial. The info will be submitted to you.

If you want the info to be automatically stored also in the database, use ABVFP.

However, at the end, to use the collected info, you need to use a mailing software.
                    I implemented the form but I am not receiving email messages to my email account when the form is filled out and submitted. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Comment

Oh, and when I fill in a "form name", nothing comes up even after I publish it.
                      I have the exact same problem when I fill in an edit box name. No name shows up.

Comment

There can be a number of reasons why you don't recieve the mails:

1. Did you create a "action" page with the necessary php code to process your form ?

2. Did you change the default you@yourdomain.com in the code, with your actual email address ?

3. Did you check your spam folder ?

Please provide a link to the form and the action page so we can have a look, giving advise without seein the pages can mislead.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

There can be a number of reasons why you don't recieve the mails:

1. Did you create a "action" page with the necessary php code to process your form ?

2. Did you change the default you@yourdomain.com in the code, with your actual email address ?

3. Did you check your spam folder ?

Please provide a link to the form and the action page so we can have a look, giving advise without seein the pages can mislead.
                          I did create the action.php page and changed the default email.
                          I just filled out the submission form again and I received an email to my account, however the body of the email says "Values submitted from web site form :" instead of the message I wrote.
                          Also, when I clicked on the submit button for the form, I was not directed to the "Thank you for your submission" page. (action page) It stayed on the same page.

Comment

If you recieve blank emails, (and no redirection to the thankyou page takes place) there are two possible issues:

1. Your encoding type is set to something else than multipart / form data
                            2. You have pasted the php script in your form page . Is your form page php ?

Why don't you provide us the links to the form and action page ?
                            Navaldesign

Comment

If you recieve blank emails, (and no redirection to the thankyou page takes place) there are two possible issues:

1. Your encoding type is set to something else than multipart / form data
                              2. You have pasted the php script in your form page . Is your form page php ?

Why don't you provide us the links to the form and action page ?
                              Here are the links...The first one has the form and the second link is the action page (Thank you)

Let me know what seems to be the issue. Thanks ND!

Comment

Working...
                              X