Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to name the page in Page Properties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to name the page in Page Properties?

Hi, everyone,
    I am afraid, I am not sure about how to name pages in Page Properties. Very often the save name does not look well as a page title. For example,
    "House for sale in Daventry" sounds much better than "Daventry House 1" (daventry_house1). Is it allowed to give a different name, i.e. to use a bit different wording?
    And one more question. Is it all right to give the same name ("House for sale in Daventry") to all Daventry house pages in their Page Properties? Thank you!

Re: How to name the page in Page Properties?

Hi kermy,

Your page name and page title are 2 different things.
    Title, keywords, description and content should all reinforce each other. Others may weigh in on this but I 'match' page name as part of the natural process as well.
    (as you have, even accidently).

daventryhouse1 is fine for a page name but you can do a lot more with page title. 'House for sale in Daventry' is only a start. What keywords are you using and what do you say about the house on the page? You have up to 80 characters to say more about the house in your title (count spaces between words and do not go over). "Restored Tudor on Seville Row in Daventry for sale below market" for an example.

Why would you use the same titles, keywords etc on every page? Each one is a unique opportunity to get your site seen. I realize its a bit of work to make them unique but this is what you strive for.

Find any of Beth's posts and from her signature download a copy of her SEO - The Basics. Should help.

Good luck!
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Re: How to name the page in Page Properties?

Thank you, Sedona,
      that is exactly what I needed to know!

Comment

Working...
      X