Photo Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Gallery

Hi, I'm new to this web design thing and would like some advice on doing the following.

1- I want to have a gallery that covers several kinds of jpg's (Deck pics, awning pics, railing pics etc.) The tricky part is how do I link adjacent pics in a catagory to the main picture? and would it be possible to include a description of work done to the picture?

Thank for your help and suggestions

Re: Photo Gallery

Hi, quite often a catch 22 without getting to complicated. It can be done with iframes (But not very SE friendly) There are many free photo albums that will do this. Or the easiest way would be to link to another page from some nice thumbnails with a link back to to page where the thumbnail was. One other way is linking to a popup image, but your description would have to go with the thumbnail.
    Might also be worth thinking about having areas of your site that deals with just one aspect of your work, maybe with a link from your home page to the deck area & a sub menu in the deck area just covering different styles of decking.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks For Your Suggestions

Comment

www.dmfinedecks.com

ok, here we go. I've modified the photo gallery. In the gallery I have 4 main topics each will have a series of slide shows for each of the items in that topic.

Here's my question?
        1- how do I link back to the topic after the slide show without having to click on the gallery link?

2- How do I provide a link at the end of each slide show to go to the next slide show in the topic being viewed.

I am using the light box to show slides of each topic.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Just place a menu, word or button on the page and hyperlink it to
          where ever you want the viewer to go? If it is words or phrases you
          need to highlight and then add the hyperlink.

The hyperlink icon is the "Globe & chain" on the top toolbar.

The url entered must be the full address as you see it on the browser.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

www.dmfinedecks.com
            Can someone take a look at the gallery page, click on the Japanese Redwood Deck. My question is?

Is there a a way of putting the "Story Behind the Deck intio the slide show? I'm using the lightbox function.

Any help would be nice.

Comment

Hi,

If you are using the lightbox function the only way is to use a
              Photo editor like photoshop or equivalent to type your message
              onto the photo itself or to insert an image in your Japanese deck image
              [image on image] as a collage.

My own thoughts will be to create a webpage by itself and wrap
              your sales pitch around the photo.

I create text images using Xara Webstyle4.

By the way your website is beautifully done.

Congratulations.
              www.siapamoyanganda.com/
              Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
              State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, not quite sure what you are asking. But if you want to add text to your images. This free light box generator allows you to add text to each image. Its will also auto resize the thumbnails for a faster loading time.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by aaronorme View Post
                  Hi, I'm new to this web design thing and would like some advice on doing the following.

1- I want to have a gallery that covers several kinds of jpg's (Deck pics, awning pics, railing pics etc.) The tricky part is how do I link adjacent pics in a catagory to the main picture? and would it be possible to include a description of work done to the picture?

Thank for your help and suggestions
                  please give easy suggestions

Comment

thanks so much for all your inputs, than you zuriatman, will try the program you suggested.

Comment

Working...
                    X