Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Word Document

www.prayingasone.com

I looked at the thread of comments but it didn't help me.
    I want to replace the information on my event page with a word document I saved on my desktop. I did it before but I guess I forgot.
    Help

Re: Adding Word Document

Hi, save you document as a web page & upload to your site, then place an iframe on the page with its opening link as the word document you saved as a web page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the advice but I don't really understand what an Iframe is? I saved my document in html format and uploaded my word document to the control panel using file manager and move it the public_html folder. How do I move it from the contorl panel to my event page?
      www.prayingasone.com

Comment

Hi, you have done all the hard work. Follow this link & it will finish it off for you.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

If you prefer - You might instead consider converting your word document into a pdf document, this can then be viewed by the user or downloaded and saved to their computer - the nice thing about a pdf is the quality of the document as well, it cannot be altered .. then you can just upload the pdf document in the same way as you did the word document and link accordingly - e.g., http://www.yourdomain.com/nameofpdf.pdf

you can do so with the free pdf converter available at www.primo.pdf

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I uploaded my word document in both formats suggested. But when I publish it I see my old event page still showing. I hit f5 to refresh the page but nothing. When I preview my document I can see it but when I publish it nothing happen. What am I doing wrong? I used Iframe to upload the pdf format and it didn't work. I then proceeded to upload the html format using Iframe and I get the same results when I publish the document. www.prayingasone.com

Comment

Hi, i cant seem to find an iframe on your pages. which page have you placed the ifram on?
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X