Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fonts. Text Images.

Hey Everybody...

When viewing my site on a visitor's computer I noticed that the font-styles I used don't come up the same. I assume that this is due to the visitor's setup on his own equipment, which may lack the fonts I used (standard MS fonts).
    Hey, I want MY fonts to show, exactly as I designed the pages.

How do I accomplish this? Should I upload my own font-set to embed, and how?

Thanks,

Gabor
    www.gabor-music.com
    www.gabor-music.com

Re: Fonts. Text Images.

Yes, this is what happens with fonts .. you need to adhere to those compatible to all viewers .. this will help you ..
    A list with the common fonts to all versions of Windows and their Mac equivalents, useful when creating websites.

You can apply text as images on your webpage, but be certain you don't compromise any keyword or important text on your page. You can do so directly in the webbuilder by selecting the text that you would like to appear in your preferred font type, select that text, then right click and tick publish as a .gif ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you, LadyPrettyEye,

I've been gnawing my nails off: what does that .gif suppposed to do there? Create little silly, moving images?...

Attention, Sergeant!..
      www.gabor-music.com

Comment

yw Sergeant!

lol .. no, no, your .gif doesn't have to move and flap it's wings or blink their eyes or anything, lol - but you are close though, what you are referring to would be an animated .gif - you can have quiet and still .gifs too

pretty well any image or picture you see is either a jpg image - which tends to be a photograph, or a .gif or a .png .. these are the file type extensions that normally follow any image. (All files have extensions after their given name, .gif, or .png, or .jpg or a word document .doc, or a music file .mp3 - those are some examples of file extensions or the types of files they are)

So when it comes to using fonts that are unfriendly, meaning that the font will adjust itself on the viewers computer to their own default font if the current font you are using is not available (which can throw things out of place as you have noticed). So we can't offer the font for download or anything, users just won't do that. So instead, if we wanted to use just a bit of this unfriendly font, then we create the line of text as an image. You can do this in photoshop programs, like microsoft paint, etc., which is free on your computer, or you can do so right in blue voda itself by choosing the method I stated above. And using it in blue voda itself, will do this converting of text to an image for you, and then your preferred special font that you want to use for a bit on your site will be seen by everyone in that special font. And with all images that you apply to your page, you should be sure to double click them, once inserted, and insert the "Alt Text" which is text that identifies your image.

Hope this helps Sergeant!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks again, Commander!

And for going the extra mile - I do appreciate information regarding how things work in general (Especially when they're that simple...)

lol

Sergeant Gabor
          www.gabor-music.com

Comment

Working...
          X