Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Categories in phpbb3

Hello Friends
    Can anyone please tell me how to create categories in phpbb3. I want to add different categories in forum and in the tutorial of phpbb2, i found that we can add categories. Is it possible to add that in phpbb3 ? and if not can i install phpbb2 to make categories. My forum address is http://www.mirabeltravel.ca/forum
    Your help is much appreciated
    Thank You
    Regards
    Attraction Passes
    Adventure Travel
    Europe Train Pass
    www.mirabeltravel.ca

Re: Creating Categories in phpbb3

When you add a forum the first option is the forum type, set it to category.

FYI, you can't use phpbb2 tutorials to learn how to use pbpbb3. They are very different

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I tried to select Category in Forum type. But it doesnt work. Are you using phpbb3. I heard that we can add category in phpbb2 only. Can you please double check that its working by changing forum type to category in phpbb3. Thanx for your help.
      Regards
      Attraction Passes
      Adventure Travel
      Europe Train Pass
      www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

You can do categories. Once you create a forum with the type category, click the link to the category and create the forum in the category.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I have tried several times. I can make category in admin contol panel but it doesnt show in www.mirabeltravel.ca/forum
          Also, forum administration in admin control panel says:

" In phpBB3 there are no categories, everything is forum based. Each forum can have an unlimited number of sub-forums and you can determine whether each may be posted to or not (i.e. whether it acts like an old category). Here you can add, edit, delete, lock, unlock individual forums as well as set certain additional controls. If your posts and topics have got out of sync you can also resynchronise a forum. You need to copy or set appropriate permissions for newly created forums to have them displayed. "

Am i using old or different version? Do u see the same message in your forum administration section. I dont know wats wrong with my forum, i couldnt do it. I know its lil annoying for u too but i m stuck with it.

Your help would be much appreciated.
          Thank You.
          Regards
          Attraction Passes
          Adventure Travel
          Europe Train Pass
          www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

You have a category called "Welcome to Mirabel"

There are not categories in the sense of.... this page will create your categories, and this for your forums..

A category is made like a forum, but when you set the forum type to be a category it makes is so you can't post in the forum so its acts like a category. Its more a faux-category...

You are using phpbb3.

If they are no appearing even though you created them and they are listed in the admin panel you need to change the permissions, basically you username you are logged in as doesn't have the permissions to view it. (even as an admin)

Register/Login Script

Comment

First of all thanx alot for helping me.
              In voda host forum http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/
              There are different categories : Pre Sales, Vodahost talk & news, Vodahost webhosting support, BV forums, CMS, Search engine , Other forums etc. And forum under these headings.

I also want to look my categories like that. Yes, my first category is "Welcome to Mirabel" but i also added different categories named "Travel Experience" and "Travel Deals" which i cant see in the forum. I gave the permission to Read only access for visitors and full access to administrator.

I know i m repeating myself in all the threads and i m feeling bad for that. But i couldnt figure out the problem yet. I believe there is no video tutorial for phpbb3. Probably this will be my last post for this problem b.coz u guys are very helpful and i dont want to irrate u.

I m jus wondering if i can send u my username and pass to u so that u can actually go in admin panel of www.mirabeltravel.ca/forum and see wat i am doin wrong. If not, its allrite; you already helped me alot.

Your help is much appreciated.
              Thank You
              Attached Files
              Regards
              Attraction Passes
              Adventure Travel
              Europe Train Pass
              www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

Hello friends,

I got the solution for wat i was lookin. I was confused with category and forums. I was keep on askin how to create category. I m jus replyin so that any one like me who dont understand why your category doesnt show in ur forum can get the answer.
                " Your category will show in forum only after u make any subforum under that category " Again my forum is www.mirabeltravel.ca/forum
                I thanx every1 who tried to help me.
                Regards
                Attraction Passes
                Adventure Travel
                Europe Train Pass
                www.mirabeltravel.ca

Comment

I am facing exactly the same problem. How do you add sub-forum under category?

Thanks.
                  Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net

Comment

A short Tutorial on how is set up categorys HERE Adding subforums will added later today.
                    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Thanks very much, AD. The tutorials are great. Thanks.
                      Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net

Comment

Alien Dude, your link of "HERE" doesn't work. How can I get to see the tutorial you mention?

Comment

Hi All,

Read the instructions in the Administrator's panel carefully and understand what they tell you.

In phpBB3 everything is a forum. There are no category or directories for you to create.

Create a parent forum.

Under the parent header, create other related forums. These related forum will then become a category under the parent forum.

Important

Under security learn to set up the login Captcha first or your forum will be flooded with spam and unwanted external links.
                          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                          X