How do I edit a published page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I edit a published page

I published my first page...Yippeeeeee! Now, what if I need to edit that page? Do I just go into my BlueVoda folder, edit it, then publish it again? Will it overwrite the existing one on the internet? dancewithkendy.com

Re: How do I edit a published page

Yes, you are exactly correct.
    CarbonTerry
    Semper Fi
    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
    Zone 5 Photo
    My USMC

Comment

As Carbon Terry has said you have it exactly right. At least what you said is correct. Just to clarify for you.

When you make changes to a page in Blue Voda and are happy with it - save as the original name and click 'yes' to overwrite the old page. The new page now exists on your computor.

When you publish the new version it will overwrite the old and the new page now exists on the web. The page name is the same as it always was and therefore no interior links need to be changed.

As an aside: When you want to try and revamp a page and aren't really sure if you will like it and don't want to put the original at risk try the 'clone page' feature (2nd button on the left of your bv toolbar).

Let's say you're working on your 'about' page. Start by making a clone of 'about' and call it 'about2'. Work on it, save it, go back to it, etc. If you get it to where it is complete and you like it better than the original - open up your bv file and delete 'about'. Open 'about2' and save it as 'about'. You are now ready to publish your new 'about' page' but you never put the original at risk.

And, again, when you publish it will overwrite the old 'about' page on the web.
      Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

thanks for the speedy reply...The next problem...when I Yahoo search for my website dancewithkendy.com all it will show is the forum thread I submitted. How do I get my website to show up again

Comment

Your site comes up fine for me.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

How long has your site been online?
            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
            X