Website replaced by forum thread in search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website replaced by forum thread in search

When I try go to my website dancewithkendy on Yahoo, it goes directly to the thread I posted on how to edit a published page. How do I get the search engine to go to my site

Re: Website replaced by forum thread in search

Yes it will

yahoo is a search engine and is looking for everything with dancewithkendy in it. If your domain is known with yahoo then your website will appear also.

If i type in dcofficeservices into yahoo or any other search engine, I get lots of random stuff where dcofficeservices has been found on lots of pages on the internet.

Regards

Darren

Comment

Thanks Darren, but my website does not appear at all, just the link to "how do I edit a published page" (the search says 1 out of 1 found) Is there a trick to getting the website dancewithkendy to appear in addition to the forum question dancewithkendy??? Wouldn't the search indicate 1 out of 2 found?

Comment

Once yahoo indexs your site it will appear on the list, it takes time, its not going to happen instantly.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Yahoo by doing what is said in the fourum that your website was acknowledge. look at your awswats to see if they have crawled there called yahoo slurp which if they did your site mite not be enough revealant to index, my site has been picked up by google but not yahoo and the site has been crawled so just hang in there.
          sigpicJoe
          Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
          The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

how do you get to be a Brig. Gen? Thank you for responding to this inconsequential private.....You must be pretty high up in the eshalon. How much time does it take for the website to appear again? Before I had submitted my forum question my website was appearing on the engine search...

Comment

What does it mean that a website has "crawled". What's "Yahoo slurp". What is "awswats". All this sounds Greek to me.

Comment

Awstats is in your control panel is is a statistic program view of of your site. half way down you will see where your site has been crawled by search engines. yahoo slurp is similar to googlebot.

Joe
                sigpicJoe
                Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
                X