Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML and RSS / Newsfeed

Hello,

I have been using the Bluevoda website builder now for quite a while, also with the VodaHosting. I am currently VERY happy with your service so far...

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I would go about getting a newsfeed from my forums and then pulling the information such as topics and post dates ect directly to my Homepage like so many websites have. So when I want news on my homepage I simply type it out on my forums and it gets directed onto my homepage?

I have heard you can do this using 'XML, RSS'? Though I'm not sure whether this is compatible with BlueVoda/VodaHost or how exactly to do it?

If anyone could help me that would be great, thanks.

Re: XML and RSS / Newsfeed

What forum software are you using?
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I'm using the VodaHost phpbb! :D

Comment

Then click the following link and go get the MOD. It's easy to use, and you won't have to edit any files.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic...ghlight=topics
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

lol thanks for the help so far, just downloaded it and uploaded the 'topics_anywhere.php' but for some reason it comes up with:

Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 70

Warning: main(./extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 70

Warning: main(): Failed opening './extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 70

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 71

Warning: main(./common.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 71

Warning: main(): Failed opening './common.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 71

Warning: main(./language/lang_/lang_main.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 73

Warning: main(./language/lang_/lang_main.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 73

Warning: main(): Failed opening './language/lang_/lang_main.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 73

Warning: main(./language/lang_/lang_topics_anywhere.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 74

Warning: main(./language/lang_/lang_topics_anywhere.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 74

Warning: main(): Failed opening './language/lang_/lang_topics_anywhere.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 74

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_pagestart() in /home/neb1355/public_html/topics_anywhere.php on line 87

I uploaded only this one file, and only to the public_html as I have no idea what else to do and the install instructions was no help at all for a total newb like me :(

Anyone help me out with this?

Comment

Upload it to your forum directory.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hmm this is proving a little difficult, I have just uploaded it to the forum directory but it still won't work :(

Comment

Just follow the instructions in the install file. Make sure you've uploaded all files.

copy topics_anywhere.php to topics_anywhere.php
                copy language/lang_english/lang_topics_anywhere.php to language/lang_english/lang_topics_anywhere.php
                copy templates/subSilver/topics_anywhere_body.tpl to templates/subSilver/topics_anywhere_body.tpl
                copy templates/subSilver/topics_anywhere_result.tpl to templates/subSilver/topics_anywhere_result.tpl
                copy templates/subSilver/topics_anywhere_result_rss.tpl to templates/subSilver/topics_anywhere_result_rss.tpl
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                X