PDA

View Full Version : My NEW subdomain - please take a look

Girlonthehill
01-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Greetings all.
I can't leave BV alone so have created a new subdomain. I'd be grateful for any feedback ESPECIALLY if you spot something wrong or that doesn't seem right or that you simply don't like. Your opinions matter to me and thank you, in advance, for taking the time to look.

www.sleepybumblebee.girlonthehill.co.uk

VodaHost
01-11-2006, 01:03 PM
I like it...how did you do those menubars???

Girlonthehill
01-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Thank you, *****. Menu bars are just two different images using mouse over and some text layered on top, then a link added. I made the images in MSPublisher and saved them as GIFs. I love the BV buttons but they're not big enough for what I wanted this time so had a go at making some.

wiggytuftuk
01-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi Amanda,
Looking good again,you have found your niche me thinks.

Subversive
01-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey Amanda,

Looks really *****. One suggestion from a SEO standpoint, you would be better served to make sleepybumblebee an add on domain (assuming you can register the .com or .co.uk domain) and have the two sites link to each other, rather than have it as a subdomain. It looks slightly better to visitors, and also search engines like it when you have links to your site from other outside sources. It would help you get found on the web, and it means people can find either of the two sites from different potential search terms.

Girlonthehill
01-12-2006, 12:03 AM
Thanks Jay & subversive. Good point about the domain name and have been and sorted it! Thanks for looking over my site.

Girlonthehill
01-13-2006, 12:45 AM
Hey Amanda,

Looks really *****. One suggestion from a SEO standpoint, you would be better served to make sleepybumblebee an add on domain (assuming you can register the .com or .co.uk domain) and have the two sites link to each other, rather than have it as a subdomain. It looks slightly better to visitors, and also search engines like it when you have links to your site from other outside sources. It would help you get found on the web, and it means people can find either of the two sites from different potential search terms.

Great advice. Now have a new link: www.sleepybumblebee.co.uk

Thanks subversive!

Subversive
01-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Congrats!

KJay_23
01-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Hi Amanda,

I love the colors on your site... very eye-catching! Looks beautiful. :)

Kellie

jfilius
02-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Stunning! Very Nice.. Super Eye Catching!! Thank you for sharring!
I will deffinatly use you for when I need special occasion cards!

Mina
02-02-2006, 11:55 PM
I like it!

gueorgui
02-03-2006, 01:29 AM
amanda it looks great.