Help with publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with publishing

I am new to making a website and I really have no idea what I am doing. Somehow I got part of my website published here is the link
    www.aprilshappyheartschildcare.com

It is not finished I am still working on the design I was just trying to make sure I am doing it right. First of all I dont know where my background went and then second where is says daily schedule it should open another page and show my schedule, so how do i publish the rest of my pages. I really have no idea what I am doing so if you could please explain it as easy as possible i really appreciate it.
    thanks

Re: Help with publishing

you have done well. very pretty background. here is what you do with the linking of "daily schedule"
    1. make your new page and save is as:
    dailyschedule
    notice no caps or spaces.
    2. highlight your words "daily schedule"
    when you highlight it the hyperlink tool activates - this tool is at the top right hand side.
    3. open the hyperlink
    4. put in the url link part the following:

5. save both pages and publish them.
    hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi,

Dont be in a hurry to do everything. Take it step by step.
      Try to understand one by one how the overall jigsaw puzzle works.

If it is publishing you are not sure of, read and preview the tutorials.
      Then search the archives of this forum under "Help with publishing"
      Read what is pertinent to you problem and query. There is also a "Search"
      dialogue box on the 2nd bar at the top of this forum.

Your questions has been asked a hundred times over by others and detailed answers has been given which yoou can use to solve your problem.

I have viewed your index webpage and it is beautifully done. Your pink hearts background is intact. Keep up the good work.
      You are on the right track.

To link your pages click on the menu icon or tag of the BV bottom left toobar and drag it to the center of the page.

Double click on the menus and the Properties dialogue box will appear.
      Edit in accordance to your preferences.

Do it by trial and error and you will have a better understanding of how things work
      If you have mistakes on your pages just correct it in BV and republish.

It does not matter how many times you republish do it until you get it correct.

Understanding how each and everything works is the keyword.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the help. I really didn't know what I was doing but the more I played around with it I got more familiar with it. I really appreciate it. Does anyone know why when I do a google search I can't find my page, even when I search the exact name nothing come up?

Comment

Hi,
          It takes time for search engines to get around to finding your site. At this point in time when your developing it, it isn't all that important to be found. You can get a once only Free Submission to Search Engines from VodaHost; something I've never bothered with or needed actually.
          If your interested or concerned about Search Engines, then there is a forum on here about them and how to optimise your site for getting a good ranking. As I said, it doesn't happen overnight.

Comment

Hi,

The quickest way is to put your URL as a signature at the bottom
            of every post or thread you make in this forum.

Google bots and yahoo slurp will pick up your signature url from this forum.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
            X