Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Read>>>i Need Help!

Hi,

I just published the Home page of my website and it isn't working...It shows up as an index with all clickable pictures and stuff that i used to create my site...

Take a look....(www.poketradescenter.com)

How do i get it so that when you go to www.poketradescenter.com it shows up as the home page that i created on bluevoda.

Also, How do i link my pages together. How do i get it so that when you click on the "NEWS" section of the menu it brings you to the news page that I created on bluevoda.

Thank you so much,
    John

Re: Please Read>>>i Need Help!

Originally posted by doublekick92 View Post
    Hi,

I just published the Home page of my website and it isn't working...It shows up as an index with all clickable pictures and stuff that i used to create my site...

Take a look....(www.poketradescenter.com)

How do i get it so that when you go to www.poketradescenter.com it shows up as the home page that i created on bluevoda.

Also, How do i link my pages together. How do i get it so that when you click on the "NEWS" section of the menu it brings you to the news page that I created on bluevoda.

Thank you so much,
    John
    Hi John-
    Usually this happens when you have incorrectly saved your home page.

Your home page should have the name index.html

Save it this way and republish and this might help.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

John,
      Liz is right. I looked through your index files that showed up and you have published your home page as the name of your site .html
      Just save the page as index and BV will auto ad the .html extension when republishing.
      I have to advise you that making that mistake and asking how to link your pages are very elementary which suggests you haven't taken much interest in watching the tutorials. I know it's easy to ask for help here but you will get much more satisfaction and become far more efficient if you use the the tutorials and the search function to learn how to and also as to why something isn't working as it should. I'm not trying to lecture you, but to be successful, you have to pay particular attention to those tutorials. It's virtually all in there mate.
      When you get stuck and can't see the obvious errors, people are only too willig to assist. Good luck.

Comment

Meanderer...I did watch the tutorials but they didn't really answer my questions. I don't know if i have to publish the pages first and then hyperlink the text or what?

Comment

Links won't work until the pages are published and have a URL to reference.
          You can build the links into your menu bar properties prior to publishing but as I said, they won't work if the page they are refering to hasn't yet been published.
          It is best to use pen and paper to sketch out your plan and carefully look at the structure is to determine what the page address will be in the link. Then you can add it.
          IF the link doesn't work when it's published or you get an error message, go back and look for typos, spaces, caps, extra subfolder or whatever. Check against the tutorials for confirmation.
          Hope that helps. :)

Comment

Oh, BTW, Whilst I was looking at the page you mean to be your Home Page, there are some issues with it. I'm using FF Browser and your Menu Bar is all screwed up. I opened up IE and it looks fine there.
            To see what it looks like in other browsers, visit this site and type in the URL of your site. http://browsershots.org/ It will take a screenshot of your page on a number of different computers with different browsers and operating systems. When the images are done (up to 30 min que) you can click the thumnails to enlarge (a couple sizes of enlargment). As they are large screenshots, they are images and therefore large files too.
            You should centre your page as well, it's right aligned to my screen.

Comment

Your right...I just looked at it in Firefox and the menu bar is all screwed up....How do i fix it so that it isn't screwed up anymore

Comment

Working...
              X