PDA

View Full Version : Help with creating a websiste *newbie*

vstacks
05-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Although I still haven't received information on how to get my username and password to publish my site, I thought I would start working on it. I just don't know where to begin. I want to sell advertising space with specific time lengths for the ads to run with pictures and links to the item a customer is selling. I would like to be able to sell a 3 day or 7 day front page ad and/or a banner across the top of the page. Is there a form or something where the dates to begin and end could be put automatically? Or would I have to do it manually and keep all the information written down somewhere? That seems like it would be too time consuming. I would like it to be as self-servicing as possible. Is this possible? or am I getting into something over my head? Are there templates for this sort of site? I need something very simple to work with.

VodaHost
05-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Hello Vickie,

We have been trying to get a hold of you for days to set up your account.
Please call customer service asap.

Sarah

Maddog
05-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Although I still haven't received information on how to get my username and password to publish my site, I thought I would start working on it. I just don't know where to begin. I want to sell advertising space with specific time lengths for the ads to run with pictures and links to the item a customer is selling. I would like to be able to sell a 3 day or 7 day front page ad and/or a banner across the top of the page. Is there a form or something where the dates to begin and end could be put automatically? Or would I have to do it manually and keep all the information written down somewhere? That seems like it would be too time consuming. I would like it to be as self-servicing as possible. Is this possible? or am I getting into something over my head? Are there templates for this sort of site? I need something very simple to work with.

It can be done using PHP files and cron job( haven't got a clue on how to sorry) Not seen any script on the internet

vstacks
05-27-2005, 01:17 PM
thank you for your information.

Maddog
05-28-2005, 06:33 AM
thank you for your information.

http://phpadsnew.com/two/

have a look here, the setup is in fantastico

This seem to do what your looking for

Maddog

easttilburyinfantschool.com

vstacks
05-29-2005, 01:13 AM
it looks like exactly what i'm looking for

and thanks vodahost for getting my account active and running!!