Getting Submit twice on email and nothing else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Submit twice on email and nothing else

Hi, hope you can help. I have been helping my brother build his site on Bluevoda, he downloaded it and signed up for an account because I told him it was the best! I have been through how to build a a contact us and confirmation page, but his one will not work. Now I have one on my site and it works perfectly, as far as I can see his one has all the same info in all the right places but when he receives his form submission all it says is "submit" "submit" and nothing else.

Its driving me mad, as I have built lots of these forms in the past and have never had a problem. I just cannot for the life of me work this one out.

Thank you

Jan

www.boardanalysis.co.uk
    brothers site
    www.kentishthames.com

Re: Getting Submit twice on email and nothing else

Usually this would happen if the fields are outside the form boundary (some times it might look that they are, but they are not. Check if they are in the boundary, then move the fields with the mouse (even a pixel would be enough). Save, Publish, and refresh before testing.

Provide a link to the form so we can check it.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hii Naval,

thanks you for helping us a lot,, the same problm of j&p04 is accourding with me, however, i am as i think sure that the the fields are inside the form boundary but the information does not appear on my email it say only form submission . i have made lots of form one my first website and it was working perfectly and i am sure that the same stepes i am following but i dont know where is the problm - i had chaned the form many time but its usedless. please help me!!!!!!
      shall i lock the form and then insert the fields on it or what can i do??? please advise

Thanks

LaFrutaaaaa
      LaFrutaaa

Comment

Hi George,

I tried to send a message using your contact us formand your Captcha is giving me problem. It rejected what I typed in 3 times.

Any way here is the message:

Hi George,
        Nice new products you have.
        Please give me a quote for your:
        DBTS Logger &
        IDC.
        Does the price include installation?
        If not please quote for installation.
        Thanks,
        Regards,
        Zuriatman.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I did recieve your email. I have made my captcha purposely hard to read, because bots can even read easy captchas. However, a human can always click on "Refresh image" until he gets an easy to read image.

I will be answering your mail now,
          Thanks
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by LaFrutaa View Post
            Hii Naval,

thanks you for helping us a lot,, the same problm of j&p04 is accourding with me, however, i am as i think sure that the the fields are inside the form boundary but the information does not appear on my email it say only form submission . i have made lots of form one my first website and it was working perfectly and i am sure that the same stepes i am following but i dont know where is the problm - i had chaned the form many time but its usedless. please help me!!!!!!
            shall i lock the form and then insert the fields on it or what can i do??? please advise

Thanks

LaFrutaaaaa
            Please provide a link to the form, or it is hard to guess what might be wrong.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Hi Naval, i will tell him to try that. the link is www.kentishthames.com/form.html

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by j&p04 View Post
                Hi Naval, i will tell him to try that. the link is www.kentishthames.com/form.html

Jan
                I can see that there is encoding type defined, Set it (in the form) to be "multipart/form data", save, publish and refresh the browser before testing.
                Navaldesign

Comment

I did as above and its still coming out the same, ????????????

Jan

Comment

No, your form is still unchanged! Are you sure that youhave published to the correct folder / addon ?
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks Navel,

unfortunatly, my web is not ready yet but i can give you the link of the form that does not works which is http://www.msngrstatus.com/contactus.html

i didnt now in BV10 to try if it will work but same result details are not appearing on my email. i can see only one msg which is visitor details are: it replaced [FONT='Book Antiqua','serif']"Values submitted from web site form".
                      one more thing, the email address of the visitor should appear on my email as FROM but the email address is not appears it shows me as i sent the email to my self i asked my frnd to send me from another computer same result
                      pelase addvaice
                      thanks a lot inadvence
                      LaFrutaaa

Comment

Originally posted by LaFrutaa View Post
                        Thanks Navel,

unfortunatly, my web is not ready yet but i can give you the link of the form that does not works which is http://www.msngrstatus.com/contactus.html

i didnt now in BV10 to try if it will work but same result details are not appearing on my email. i can see only one msg which is visitor details are: it replaced [FONT='Book Antiqua','serif']"Values submitted from web site form".
                        one more thing, the email address of the visitor should appear on my email as FROM but the email address is not appears it shows me as i sent the email to my self i asked my frnd to send me from another computer same result
                        pelase addvaice
                        thanks a lot inadvence

Ok, your problem is very simple here:

You have set, in the form, the Encding Type to be "text/plain" instead of multipart/form data"

This way the form info is NOT passed to the processing script, so you don't recieve any values. Change it, Save, Publish, and Refresh before testing.

The second problem (email as if it is you sending) is a consequense of the first: since the script doesn't recieve the values (due to the first problem) it sees no email address. Now, the script IS PROGRAMMED in such a way that if it sees no sender email, it uses your own email address as sender, so this is something normal.

Change the encoding type and both issues will be fixed.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

thanks Naval i will try that and i will inform you what will happen

Thanks a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
                          LaFrutaaa

Comment

yaaaa its working now thank you once more naval
                            LaFrutaaa

Comment

Working...
                            X