Publishing and Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing and Pictures

I have finally gotten my pages uploaded as html...index and several other pages.

I thought that the pics I have on my pages automatically load too when I publish, but I don't see them when I try to view the site.

Re: Publishing and Pictures

can you send us a link so we can see what your problem is?
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Here's the link:

Also shouldn't I be automatically routed to the index page if I only use:

When I do that I only get a page which lists all of the pages I published in that directory.

Comment

Hi, is this a second site? as it maybe down to your hot link protection in your cpanel is not allowing the images through.

Not on the same subject! But you also you need to have your home page named as index all in lower case & the link to this page will be http://www.foreveravon.net
        & not

Good luck
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

as collectors stated you must save and publish your home page as index - no caps or spaces. then you will link all your pages from there, such as:
          Avon7_AvonFanlistInfo.html
          this page should be saved as:
          avon7avonfanlintinfo or what ever the name is
          and the link should be
          http://www.foreveravon.net/avon7avonfanlistinfo.html - notice no caps or spaces. you have spaces and caps.

On the second issue I'm not sure why your photos are not showing. If you want to call me perhaps you could explain how you imported the pictures and what you did with the pictures once you put them on the page.
          you can get in touch with me through my website
          hope i can help you
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone.

I am closer now. I have been able to sort out the page links now. Except for the one linking back to the Home page.

Not sure what to do about that. I have www.foreveravon.net in the link reference but when I click on a secondary page it tries to do: http://www.foreveravon.net/www.foreveravon.net

I have uploaded the pictures manually to the main directory for the site but I would like to move them to a subdirectory. How do I reference them once I do that?

Also the Navigation bar I used from the BlueVoda web builder app does not appear to have loaded.

One last problem is one of my pics should have a different colour background but it shows up as white. It looks fine on the BlueVoda web builder app.

Comment

Working...
            X