Title tags without search name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title tags without search name

I was wondering why the SE hadn't picked my site up. So I went into the Google webmaster tools and did what I could there. It hadn't crawled the site yet for information, I have a sitemap, and it was verified. I then signed up for the VH search engine submission. I ran the checks and everything was good except for the Java script blocks that the forum says to ignore and then on my originals page, TITLE DOES NOT CONTAIN SEARCH NAME. I have different keywords on this page as opposed to every other page. I'm sure I switched it around in total ignorance. So I thought I could change the html code by going into the CP and calling up that particular page in editor and when I did it said just what it was supposed to. Yet if I go into the website builder page and go into html code, it is incorrect. How do I fix this, do I need to fix it, all the other pages are correct and the metatag for that page is correct? Am I missing the bigger picture like links, alt text, hidden text, etc. that is keeping Google from searching me? I read in one of the posts today to take out a support ticket to be placed in the SE roundup by BV. I figured before I did that maybe someone could see if I had bigger issues to fix.
    Thank you.

Re: Title tags without search name

You should be able to change the page title using whichever editor you created the file with. If you are in the HTML code change the <tltle></title> section:

Google does take a while to index new pages. If you've submitted a sitemap through the Google webmaster tools it does display crawl stats but it's not always updated in a timely fashion. If you use Awstats from your CPanel you can see if Google has been looking at your site. Simply look for Googlebot listed under the Robots/Spiders visitors section.

For more info about getting indexed by the SE's check out Bethers' SEO guide. The link is in her signature.
    Mattski

http://www.ScorpioFire.com

Comment

Your sitemap is not linked (at all) correctly. You should have a simple text link " sitemap " . It should then be linked to your sitemap.xml
      Did you FTP your sitemap into your public_html folder?
      It can take weeks (not always though) to get listed by Google.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Mattski,
        Thank you. I changed the title. I will revisit Bethers guide. I also looked at Awstats. It said last visited yesterday, Googlebot ...35, Yahoo slurp...36, Google sitemaps...18. I am assuming that it means it was crawled? I appreciate your input.

Carbon Terry,
        Thank you. I think I fixed the sitemap link. Would you please check? Do I need to do anything to the other pages in this regard? I had FTP'd the sitemap into the public_html folder. I know it takes awhile for Google SE but I intuitively knew I hadn't probably done something correctly. I appreciate the time you took to locate my mistakes. Much thanks.

Comment

Looks like you've got the title fixed and the sitemap link added.

Since you indicate Google has been visiting your site it's just a matter of time before you get indexed. You just have to be patient.
          Mattski

http://www.ScorpioFire.com

Comment

Laura,
            Sitemap is working properly now. On your contact page you are using an email address that does not go to your website address That caught my eye immediately. It seems unprofessional.
            Your page title on the index page should contain keywords that customer would use to find your site. Those same keywords should be used in text on the body of your index page. The first word in the title is most important. "Content is King" give information using what you think are terms (keywords) that potential customer would use to find you in the page text. This should be an ongoing project to ever refine the content.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Thank you Mattski, yes patience IS a virtue!

Carbon Terry,
              Firstly, I went on all your sites, cried over the marine one, thank you for serving our country. Lots of military in my world, why else would I be painting these things. Don't think I could muster myself but really appreciate those who can. The other site, I loved your use of lighting in the photos. I am trying to do this with my paintings. Check out the artwork of Howard Terpning.
              I agree with the email. I have literally spent hours trying to get Outlook 2003 to work with the e-mail address. I read all the posts and used the procedure outlined by one of the frequent forum helpers. I tried every POP/SMTP on earth. Finally, I did get it to send and receive and Yahoo said it was not secure, sent numerous nastigrams and threatened to close my account if I didn't fix it. Hence, the auxiliary account on my personal email.
              Next, my index page is titled. What am I missing? Are you thinking it should be something else? Is it that I have no text and just a title heading? Please elaborate. Again, much thanks. L

Comment

Thanks for your appreciation of my service.
                Go into you Cpanel and establish an email for your self (mail logo).
                Then add a forwarder to your sbc account. The mail will then go to your sbc account without having to go thru Outlook
                DO as search on Google adwords (keyword search) for your most important keywords. It will then show you other terms that were used thatrelage to that search. Use those terms in yout text body presuming that they make logical sense and would directly relate to your site.
                Yes, you need more extremely relevant content on your index page.
                Perhaps in your title you can introduce some of the adword results?
                I just did a search and got 56 different terms. Most were not relevant but you could possible use a few for content.
                realize that you have to make the content logical. Just having the keywords on the page will not get postive results. These keywords should also be in your meta tags in your page properties.
                If you cannot figure out the email thing ( I bet you will) I can set it up for you. However, I will need your username and password. Immediately thereafter you will need to change your password to protect both of us.
                Use a contact page from one of my sites to respond should you want me to do this for you.
                CarbonTerry
                Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                Zone 5 Photo
                My USMC

Comment

Carbon Terry,
                  I established the email but didn't know how to forward it so I contacted you. I also found keywords and as you said many did not apply but I changed the title to the one that received the most hits on competitor's sights. I also retitled the page. I added the metatags to mimic the text. See what you think.
                  Thanks again, L

Comment

L,
                    In your CPanel click on the Mail icon. The Mail Manager Mail Menu page will open. Click on "Forwarders" a new page will open. On the bottom of the page there is a section that says "Add Forwarder". Click on that.
                    Fill in the first box with the name (Info ?) that you have already established. The fill in the last box with the email address that you want email forwarded to. Click "Add Forwarder" ....that's it.
                    FYI There are video tutorials for this process.
                    The more keywords that you can use in your title the better.
                    For additional text why not talk about the size, whether they are oils etc. ??
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

Carbon Terry,
                      Thank you so much. I forwarded my email as per your directions and it worked!

I changed the text, it was a good suggestion. All your help has been truly positive. Thank you for the time. L

Comment

No problem, good luck with your site.
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Working...
                        X