Cannot Edit Layered Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Edit Layered Image

Hello all. I'm having a problem with a Layered Image. I installed it a good while ago but I'm editing the page with up-dates. The problem being that every time I go to either resize, move or delete the Layered Image, I get a window from Microsoft telling me that BlueVoda has encountered a problem and must shut down. Then it does. Any ideas?

Thanks, sally

Re: Cannot Edit Layered Image

email yourself the .bvp file, resave by another name, open it and see if the problem goes away .. it should .. then modify the page from this page, resave over the problem one .. (be sure the problem one is closed when you do so .. ) .. worth a try .. if unsuccessful after that, I would import the page and try that angle .. rename the image as well before reinserting ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
      email yourself the .bvp file, resave by another name, open it and see if the problem goes away .. it should .. then modify the page from this page, resave over the problem one .. (be sure the problem one is closed when you do so .. ) .. worth a try .. if unsuccessful after that, I would import the page and try that angle .. rename the image as well before reinserting ..
      Thanks for that. I emailed the file to me but it wouldn't open, in that Blue Voda appeared with its usual window asking what did I want to do concerning existing files. I eventualy copied the existing page, pasted into a new page and that allowed me to edit, save and publish, once I closed the existing page. However the same page continues to offer problems if I try to remove the layered image, Blue Voda closes down. Is the image, an old photo downloaded from the web, the actual problem? And if so how do I confirm this?

Sally.

Comment

Sally,

I think you misunderstood what Lady Eye said to you.

When you have emailed the file to yourself, DON'T try to open it by clicking on it. Just save it by clicking 'save as' to your BV file folder and name it something different to the original name. Then open it in your BV builder, work on it... If the problem has gone away then you can delete the old file and rename the new one back to the old file name....

LOL I hope that made sense, sorry a bit long winded!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
          Sally,

I think you misunderstood what Lady Eye said to you.

When you have emailed the file to yourself, DON'T try to open it by clicking on it. Just save it by clicking 'save as' to your BV file folder and name it something different to the original name. Then open it in your BV builder, work on it... If the problem has gone away then you can delete the old file and rename the new one back to the old file name....

LOL I hope that made sense, sorry a bit long winded!
          Thanks Marincky, I tried that the way you suggested but still have the same problem. Must be the image itself.

Sally

Comment

Working...
          X