Wexford DJ site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wexford DJ site

Hi there all, I hope someone can be of help. My DJ site is not showing up on the "pages from Ireland" section of Google, however it is showing up
    on the main Google search. I've done as suggested before on this subject, ie. to mention my service area etc. and i've even regionalised the site on Google webmaster tools. Is there anything else I should be doing
    in order to see my site listed on Google(irish pages).

thanx
    www.wexforddj.com

Re: Wexford DJ site

Originally posted by dj-santiago View Post
    Hi there all, I hope someone can be of help. My DJ site is not showing up on the "pages from Ireland" section of Google, however it is showing up
    on the main Google search. I've done as suggested before on this subject, ie. to mention my service area etc. and i've even regionalised the site on Google webmaster tools. Is there anything else I should be doing
    in order to see my site listed on Google(irish pages).

thanx
    www.wexforddj.com
    Give it time, these things don't happen overnight. Keep marketing it, i.e. get listed on directories, forums etc, get some good quality sites to link to you etc... it will happen.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

ok i understand where you're coming from, i have tried getting on to irish directories,some good some not so good(for a couple of months). can you tell me how i should go about getting on to irish forums. and how long do you think i would expect to wait for(to be listed in Google ireland pages)? Am i being impatient(it as been two to three months now!)

Comment

ok i understand where you're coming from, i have tried getting on to irish directories,some good some not so good(for a couple of months). can you tell me how i should go about getting on to irish forums. and how long do you think i would expect to wait for(to be listed in Google ireland pages)? Am i being impatient(it as been two to three months now!)
        why didn't you go for an irish domain name? don't you guys have .ie ?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

i went for the .com name because the Irish .ie domain is ludicrously expensive compared to .net and .com. ,besides the voda people did not have the .ie as an option when picking the domain extension.

Comment

i went for the .com name because the Irish .ie domain is ludicrously expensive compared to .net and .com. ,besides the voda people did not have the .ie as an option when picking the domain extension.
            ahh ok, fair enough. That might have helped you that's all. No worries, it's not the main component to getting listed by any means. Do you use the Google webmaster tools? If so, you can go in there and set a geographical path to your site so they know where you are. You can also get listed on Google's 'Local business centre'. You send them your details such as address, phone number etc, they send you a verification code and then they list you in your home town on search results for your service.

With regards to forums, just join up with a few. like this one, put your signature in your profile and hang around in them for a while, chat to people, give advice etc etc... (Put your site in your signature in THIS forum!!!) That's what it's there for.
            Got any music mixes? videos? get them on you tube, my space, facebook, bebo.....

Business doesn't just come to you, you have to go out there and market yourself.

Comment

ok i'll try the forums thingymajig, I did do the google webmaster thing a while back though. thanks anyway fella..

Comment

ok i'll try the forums thingymajig, I did do the google webmaster thing a while back though. thanks anyway fella..
                also you might be advised to cut down on the amount of keywords in your meta data that you have used. Use fewer and more specific keywords and phrases. Also cut your page titles down too.. far far too long, they actuaklly don't show up anyway as you have made them too long.

****** DJ and Disco Hire in Wexford, Ireland

That would do you much better on your homepage page title for example.

****** obviously the word 'm o b i l e' is banned on here lol

Comment

Working...
                X