Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zip code search within website

Hi All...
    I'm new here, and I'm liking what I see so far. But for the website I have planned I need a site search capable of searching by zip code. Is it possible to install that within a BV website? I'm wondering if Fantastico or Form Maker Pro 4 has one.
    This forum and the fact that I can install a customer registration with password protection are the main reasons I will probably use BV. Now if I can just get a site search by zip code, my life will be complete!

Thanks!
    Betsy

Re: zip code search within website

There are a couple of Free site-based search tools out there, including freefind, Google, etc. Since you are just starting out, I would suggest you "Google" the following terms yourself to see what you can find: "free, site search, tool"

If they do not respond to Zip codes for some reason, and you cannot find a free tool that will, you may have to resort to paying for one ---- for all my clients, I am partnered with Mercado (the internet leader when it comes to site search and intuitive Search, and whose clients include Macy's, Sears, Office Max, etc.) and, as a Preferred Partner, offer world-class technologies and services at distinctively favorable prices.
    If need be, you can initiate a request from this temporary website (the main site is currently being completely "re-designed").
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

If I can't get a zip code search with the scripts BV supplies, maybe they have one where I can add states and cities/towns to a search as I build my database. That even might be easier in the beginning, as I gather data for the visitors to search through, since it's going to take some time to gather this data. But it definitely has to be done by location.
      I'm just wondering how hard it will be to install even the search by state, city/town.
      Any thoughts?

Betsy

Comment

Betsy, I'm not sure exactly where you want to 'search' for the zip code,but as previously mentioned there are several free site-searches available that will search YOUR SITE for anything that is on your site. So if you have listed information on your site which contains a zip code, a city, a state, or whatever, these will find that info and display it in a results page.
        Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
        Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
        Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Hi, you need to put down what you want the zip code for & how it going to be used. There is nothing in VH or BV that provides a search facility for zip code. Due to the 1000's if not millions of zipp codes out there, it would have to be done with a special script/program built into your site.
          Have a Google search for zipp code finders, there are many that will do this.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Guys...

Thanks for your input. I think I'll forget the zip search and see if I can get a site search with a state, city, and town locator. I need a locator search because I want to make it easy for visitors to search for a particular person (registered on my site) who is near their home.

I'll just check out the site searches available out there. Thanks again!

Betsy
            P.S. I love this forum...I've never seen such fast replies!

Comment

Working...
            X