PDA

View Full Version : What do ya think?

KJay_23
01-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, this is our first attempt at web design, so please be kind. lol

Seriously though, if you would take a peek and let me know if there is anything that should be changed, or fixed, I'd be really grateful. :)

The addy is http://www.ccabincandles.com

TIA!
Kellie

flexotic
01-13-2006, 07:10 PM
i like it!
keep up the good work :)

KJay_23
01-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Thank you! :)

I'll certainly try! lol

VodaHost
01-13-2006, 08:28 PM
very, very, very nice!

Girlonthehill
01-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Hi Kellie,
Your new website is really lovely. Warm, welcoming and easy to use. Your product range looks great and the fragrances sound yummy. Well done and good luck.

KJay_23
01-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Thank you everyone! :)

We worked very hard on the website (it was a team effort between my Mom and I) and we're quite proud of the results, however we know that there is still a lot for us to learn! lol

Amanda, we're still adding products as we get the pics done so hopefully there won't be as many pages with the "coming soon" thing. It's still a work in progress, but then again, what isn't? :)

Thanks again!
Kellie

mickey collins
01-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Damn nice for your 1st attempt...you got it going on.....

santini
01-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Nice site, you spent allot of time and thought, it shows.

Santini

KJay_23
01-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Thank you Mickey and Santini :)

I hope to make improvements as I learn more about BlueVoda, and any suggestions are always welcome!

Kellie

farmboyzim
01-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Great looking site! Very professional!

KJay_23
01-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Thank you! :)

jfilius
01-25-2006, 02:25 AM
Very Very Proffesional! It looks like you have a lot to offer...
I was Impressed with the fact that you didnt make a lot of the mistakes
that a lot of people do when they design thier sites....
Its Very easy to navigate.. the Pages load real fast.. and it is certainly
easy to read.. one thing that is in no way a complaint.. but just mabey
not have the front page.. with the Featured products.. travil down the page so far.. But even if you dont change that.. It is still an A+.....
Great Job!!! Thank You For Sharing!

thecountrypotter
01-25-2006, 05:06 AM
Beautiful site. I know how long it takes to get there.
Also lovely products!
Wish you much success.
Lorraine

KJay_23
01-25-2006, 06:36 AM
Thank you jfilius and Lorraine! :)

jfilius, I agree with ya about the featured products and have been toying with some ideas on how to move them farther up the page... am in the process of tweaking keywords at the moment, but hope to have those done soon so I can make improvements on the home page. Thank you for the sugggestion, I appreciate it!

Lorraine, you're right... it takes a while to get there, and the prgress is slow, but sure! lol

Thanks again!
Kellie

wiggytuftuk
01-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi,
really nice site,good navigation and layout coooool

regards

KJay_23
01-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks Jay! :)

Kellie

billbay
01-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Well, this is our first attempt at web design, so please be kind. lol

Seriously though, if you would take a peek and let me know if there is anything that should be changed, or fixed, I'd be really grateful. :)

The addy is http://www.ccabincandles.com

TIA!
Kellie
I love your website
Wil Perth Western Australia

KJay_23
01-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Thank you Wil ! :)

Kellie

oswaldx
02-01-2006, 12:12 AM
nice job - did you use bluevoda or Soholaunch for this ?

I hope to be going for some e-commerce in the future - yours looks really easy to use. Impressive.

Only improvement that hits me is that I have to scroll right to see whole page width - what size page did you specify in page properties ?

Feel free to comment on my comparativley poor effort www.loftandfound.co.uk (http://www.loftandfound.co.uk)

Well done..

dcaeagles
02-01-2006, 04:16 AM
I thought your web-site was great! I only hope mine looks 1/2 that good, when I finally figure everything out. LOL!! The questions that you have been asking on the forum have greatly helped me too. Thanks and keep up the good work! Jen

KJay_23
02-01-2006, 05:41 AM
Thanks oswaldx! :)

I used BV to create the site, and have PayPal for a shopping cart, although I hope to change that in the very near future. (PayPal is way too limited in their shopping cart options for what I need)

As for page width, I started out with 800, but it wasn't quite wide enough for my needs, and ended up with somewhere around 900 - depending on the page. (Not all of them needed to be wider than the 800) I'll check out your site as soon as I get a chance! :)

Jen, thank you for the compliment! :)
The site took many, many, MANY, hours to get done (and more trips through the tutorials than I care to remember! lol) but once you get the hang of BV, you'll do great. I honestly wouldn't even consider switching to anything else.
I'm still fairly new to this too, but if there is anything I can help with, I'll certainly be more than happy to try! :)

Thanks again to both of you!

Kellie