New with Voda and web designing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New with Voda and web designing?

Looking just for personal thoughts on what I have developed so far.

At Rocky Mountain Electric, your satisfaction is our main priority. Since our business started, quality has been our focus. By working with the best materials in the industry and employing the most experienced and meticulous contractors, we are able to deliver solid and long lasting solutions for everyone.

Thank you for taking your time,
    Confidential Touch

Re: New with Voda and web designing?

You need to organize everything. It's all over and it seems like it was made to fit your screen. Doing well for a first time though..
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thank You Jeremy for your input. You are absolutely correct on size. I currently use Windows Vista on a 22' Widescreen Monitor I dumbed it down a bit but was not sure about a background size.

Comment

First off your landing page is way to big got to cut it to at least 1000 , your other pages are fine except your privacy page needs to be centered. another one for your landing page is your menu links on the bottom at first I did not notice them, If you can move them up and keep them on the left hand side other than that it looks like your off to a good start.
        Joe
        anytime-figurines.com
        sigpicJoe
        Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
        The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Thank You,
          I fixed the center issue and currently thinking of a way to improve the drop down menus at the top of the page so they stick out.

Comment

I have a 30' and I don't usually have my browser window open all the way and your website still makes me scroll left to right.

You need to dim down to at least 1000 and make your way down after not right to left...
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Still way too wide...I hate having to scroll across to read a webpage...puts people off.

Cheers
              Sharon
              www.rosnasharnfarm.com

Comment

I just dumbed the width down 1000 Mega Pixels and shrank it up, hopefully this will help focus in on the target more. Thanks everyone for the reviews opened me up to a wider range and focused on detail much more.

Comment

Hello
                  Had a quick look at your site and here are a couple of things I noticed:
                  First, several people have commented on your page width. In my opinion it is still too wide. Optimally you will reduce your width to somewhere between 800 and 1000, as there are still many many potential customers who will bother with having to side scroll. 800will include everybody. Do a search in this forum on page width and you will see much discussion regarding this topic.

Next, spelling - I noticed right off that you have misspelled 'Answers' on your link to Q and A - check and correct this, and then go through your site with a fine tooth comb, or have a fresh set of eyes do it for you. This kind of error is easy to make, and will make your site look unprofessional.

Your coupon is a fine idea, but I wouldn't ***essarily make it the primary focus of your home page. I think you might want your customers to first learn what you do, who you are, where you are... and then discover they can get a discount. Might think about moving it out of the spotlight a bit.

Also, your link there says 'Click here for more details', but there aren't any more details there - just a coupon to download. So why not just say - click to download coupon" or something like that

Your home page and your other pages seem to have different headers - I am hoping the one on most of your pages is the one you will be using, as it is a better logo, better header - more professional looking and a better size.

Also, your menu buttons on the majority of your pages are easier to find, and better to use than those on your home page.

Several of your images have a watermark on them - Animation Factory - this looks bad, and makes me think you have pirated them, and may not have permission to use them. Make sure you do, and if so, got images with this watermark - again, very unprofessional.

Having said all of that - good start. You need to do some tweaking, but have a good site in the making

Good Luck.
                  Liz
                  www.sebastopolparty.com
                  www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

You have an impeccable strength to notice detail. I commend you Liz and appreciate the rough draft look. This put me back into double time into the site and appreciate all your comments.
                    Thank you very much,
                    Confidential Touch

Comment

Lookin good...but what about if you got rid on the template from the homepage, which I am presuming the brown/red swirly thing is, and move your whole page over then...would be more centered on the page then...:) and the focus would be more on the rocky mountain logo.

Cheers
                      Sharon

Comment

Hi Confidential Touch,
                        • Have a look at your 'method of navigation' I would never think of having a look at 'contact us' to find your gallery and consider a uniform method of navigatation which you can carry through all of you pages.
                        • If i click on your Copyright symbol it takes me to a cycle tour page???
                        • If you click on your product pictures (Home page) they open over your page and the only way to navigate is to use the 'browser back button'. Consider using BV lightbox.
                        • Have a look at Beth's SEO Guide it's a great help with keyword rich content, correct naming of pages and much more.
                        • Spelling of Buisness on about us page
                        Cheers,
                        Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
                        Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
                        Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
                        BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

You also should check the words on your scroll on the home page:
                          'Installing Todays Light to Ensure Are Future's Bright'
                          probably should be '...Our Future's Bright' ?
                          Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
                          Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
                          Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

Working...
                          X