Good Site Hits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Site Hits

Hello, I was wondering what a "good" amount of hits a local business site should get covering about a 120 mile radius. I am interested in knowing that when I check the amount of hits my future site gets, is it good, average, or poor. Any help on hits would be appreciated.

Re: Good Site Hits

Ok, was this a harder question than I thought? Can someone at least give me a range of good hits a local site might get?

Comment

Hi beard. I have a local business and obviously hits are relevent to me but you also need to convert those hits. On my local website I get about 500 unique visitors a month, it is a new site so not that many but it does provide me with the business the site was made to promote so for that is great.

It is a hypnotherapy site and I only want a certain, number of clients and it does the job well. (dont' want to work too hard!) As I said hits are obviously relevant, they let you know how your site is doing but I ma more interested in unique visitors and converting them than hits. With a different business model, the number of visitors would be different.

hope that helps a little

dave
      Dave

Law of Attraction Books
      Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
      Reiki Books

Comment

Thanks Dave for your input. I really appreciate it.

When you say convert the hits, what do you mean? Do you mean to make them clients? I am very new to this.

What do you think a site that promotes other businesses should get in hits? The businesses advertise on my site and I would think I need many visitors to make it worthwhile for them to advertise on my site.

Also do you have any ideas as far as the best and most economical ways to promote my site locally?

Comment

Hi,

obviously you need as many visitors as possible to create the business you need, then you need to make them spend their money! There is no 'should' in websites visitors, you want as many as you can get. that means having the best site you can, optimized for the search engines with as many links (back links) form other sites (like directories) as you can. The (back) links should be as relevant as possible to your site.

I am in the uk where there are a growing number of local websites promoting local business. Type in local business directories for ....(where ever you are)
          and see what come ups. I joined as many as I could for my immediate and local areas.

dave
          Dave

Law of Attraction Books
          Hypnotherapy Hertfordshire
          Reiki Books

Comment

Working...
          X