Meta tags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta tags.

The more we (web-unmasters) get into it the more dense it becomes... And there's danger lurking everywhere.
    Apperently a particularly serious one (referring, among others, to advice/response to a new website review above) is the danger of meta-tagging.

I may have more questions about it, but for now:

Are there numerical limits (and other stipulative restrictions) on the metatags attached to our submissions, provided that they are anchored in true content? Say, if I have 50 key words on my homepage, can I put a hundred (multi-worded form, associative/relating-meaning, but all containing a word or phrase in the actual page) word in the meta tag section?

Can someone check my not-quite-ready index page in this regard?

Many thanks.
    www.gabor-music.com

Re: Meta tags.

These "musings" type of posts of yours get really old, for they can be self-answered by merely performing a Forum Search ....

When you create an actual "index" page with a modicum of Content, THEN you can worry about insidious details such as optimization value and the metrics involved.....you have quite a ways to go however, as even your 'minimalist' "portal" is lacking precise layout and balance.

For a glimpse of some basic "construct" methodology regarding KW, visit this recent thread.

Accepted Rules of SEO:
    - Rules Allow up to 100 Key Words; Standard Optimal Practice/Best Results 20-25
    ..> Key Phrases perform better than single Key Words
    - Rules Allow up to 25 Page Title KW; Standard Optimal Practice/Best Results 4-9
    - Rules Allow up to 25 Page Description Words; Standard Practice/Best Results 15-20
    - Rules Allow Up To 1200 Core Words in Index Page Ranked Area; Standard Practice no more than 750
    - Rules Structured for up to 6 H-Meta Page Tags; Optimally, 1 H-1, no more than 6 H-2, and one closing H-6

Keep In Mind All Key Values To Be Anchored In Specific Page Content, In Normal Contextual Format To Establish True Readable Relevancy
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I'm a bit of a renegade; I won't create a standardized website. The content on my index page is enough for me, and yes, it needs a little balancing and finishing. (If you turn a page or two, you'll find Content. Tons of it. But it's art. I mean mostly music. Sorry, not the assembly-line type).
      But. If you don't know what's in store for you when submission comes, that's when panick hits - see above.
      The information about optimization and metric values is what I needed and couldn't find it on any recent Forum post. (In such a clear, metric way).
      Now my understanding is clear.

Your post was very much to the point and gave me what I needed - like always. Got my gonads, too. Cool.

My site is my site - and I want it that way.

With my highest esteem for you, dear Kutuzov, and I mean it.

Bonaparte

(Yes, I've answered my own posts a number of times now. I can answer them better if I write them down. OK I'll shoot more pointed arrows in the future)
      www.gabor-music.com

Comment

can you tell me why my webpage wont show up went i type www.flexxpressdelivery.ca i am lost thank any help will be aprreciated

Comment

Nothing to do with meta tags...
          (As the latest dispute about those: avoid...)

How old is your BV account?

Did you publish your first (index) page?

Regards,

Gabor
          www.gabor-music.com

Comment

You have published your index page incorrectly.
            Save page as " index " (no quotes) Add NOTHING to the name.
            Publish.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

Working...
            X